View Full Version : wanna get some more power out of a 4k

scott_22
16th February 2009, 10:00 PM
dont laugh. but i just wanna get a bit more power out of it while i am learning to skid and i figure it would be better learning (fucking up) how to play with a motor on a motor i dont care about. :)
any help would be great

Clinton
16th February 2009, 10:02 PM
http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?title=Tech:Engine/K_Series/How_to_build_a_tough_K_motor

this is a really good read

marvis
16th February 2009, 10:03 PM
Take the air filter out, remove the emissions, crank the timing up a bit. Check The points, Gap, Plugs etc.

marvis.

scott_22
16th February 2009, 10:08 PM
emissions?
ps. thanks guys

Clinton
16th February 2009, 10:13 PM
carbon canister basically

scott_22
16th February 2009, 10:20 PM
bigger carbi? or just take the filter off? isnt that bad for the motor but?

Simon-KE70
16th February 2009, 10:30 PM
play with a motor on a motor i dont care about. :)

quoting yourself here, sure no filter is bad, but meh

dr1ft-pig
16th February 2009, 10:35 PM
no filter is win

do it

fill your washer bottle full of nitro RC car fuel and run the pipe into the top of the carby then proceed to hook a switch to run it to under your accel pedal so it swiches on full thottle

then it will be win

scott_22
16th February 2009, 10:41 PM
no filter is win

do it

fill your washer bottle full of nitro RC car fuel and run the pipe into the top of the carby then proceed to hook a switch to run it to under your accel pedal so it swiches on full thottle

then it will be win

this reply is either mocking the hell out of me or a really fun idea?
which is it cause i would so do it if its not mocking me.

ke70dave
16th February 2009, 10:48 PM
this reply is either mocking the hell out of me or a really fun idea?
which is it cause i would so do it if its not mocking me.

bit of both i think
before you do anythign ensure your engine is well maintained, motors love new oil, new air and fuel filters, nice spark plugs and well adjusted points. once you have that sorted you can procede in making it a bit more fun.

K motors are great to play with as they are cheap and indestructable.

first off you can put a 3k carby on a 4k and its exact the same cept for no emissions (extra random pipes doin bugger all) and it makes everything look neat.

if your up for new stuff though....

i had quite good success in getting a nikki carby for my 4k. get them off old mazda (rwd 929s i belive) or old fords had them too? it allowed the engine to breath substantially better, gave it a nice hektic induction not as well! just make sure you get them jetted for 1.3L first.

the stocko carby is the main downfloor in the k motors i belive.

nikki carby can be had for cheap as.

next woudl be the exhaust, absolute apauling the stocko exhaust. pick up some nice extractors for cheap (seen them for like 100) and get a better ehxuast made, 1.75"-2" i reckon be the way to go.

then if your keen get your head off and get it shaved! high compression! but not to much.

then its cam time, ive heard you can get a nice cam for a few hundred bucks, chuck it in, adjust the tappets and your off.

then you can get some electronic ignition off a newer K motor i belive, search around rollaclub about that, not sure of the gains, strong spark is always good.

thats about as far as i woudl go with a k motor, but some guys get twin side draft carbys but that can get exxy. they do go pretty well with them though...

note: this info is a guide only, use rollaclub and its excelent FAQ section to get the details.

good luck

note: dont listen to these clowns telling you to run no filter, there are no gains to be had except for screwing your engine faster.

marvis
16th February 2009, 10:50 PM
Good post. Forgot about the 3k Carbie.

That is pretty cool @ Drift pig.

dr1ft-pig
17th February 2009, 12:01 AM
i wasnt mocking at all haha weve done it to a few paddock bashers... cept we did it with metho haha

i also have a nikki carby off a 1.6L gemini if you want it ill give it to you with a gemini manifold to cut up and make an adapter for the carb for like 10 bux plus whatever postage costs

also do you still want me to weld that diff for you??

dr1ft-pig
17th February 2009, 12:04 AM
if you wanna spend a few hundred on it throw an SC12 supercharger from a 4agze on it.... so much room to high mount it... then just run a vac line from the piping into a tapped hole n the float bowl on your carb so its pressurising fuel flow to kep up with the boost

you will need a better fuel pump for this and som kind of low pressure fuel regulator

i like reading theese tech Q's brings back so many ghetto ideas :P

Dave
17th February 2009, 12:20 AM
great thread :)