PDA

View Full Version : tail shaft problem!

sld sho
24th March 2011, 04:37 PM
hey guys ive got a ke70 running a 4kc - t50 gearbox - and t18 rear diff, after doing some reasearch and asking questions people told me to get a jdm ae86 tail shaft because it fits stright in!

no my problem is that the tail shaft arrived today but the yoke will not go into the gearbox it isnt the same thread! does anyone have any ideas of how to get this tail shaft on or is there a special way to get it on?

any info will be greatly appricated!

dogan
24th March 2011, 04:54 PM
use the rear half of the 86 tail shaft, and use the front half of your old tailshaft. put them together ;)

shift_rook
24th March 2011, 05:23 PM
can ke tailshafts be split?

sld sho
24th March 2011, 05:30 PM
nah the standerd tail shaft cant be split, i was thinking about cutting of the yoke of the standered shaft and re welding it to the ae86 tailshaft?

shift_rook
24th March 2011, 05:31 PM
a lot of work... if uni's are the same size might be owrth buying a new uni and joining them that way, otherwise pull the slut of a 4k out and replace it with some form of a motor, north spending a ocuple hunge getting a custom shaft made up

haveaparty
24th March 2011, 10:26 PM
I'm not sure wat the 'yoke' is but if it's the spline that goes into the gearbox then it won't fit at all. 4k's hav a k50 not a t50. And hav different splines.