PDA

View Full Version : gay creaking but cant locate it on my 86

s13 james
27th March 2011, 07:30 PM
ive just finished a lil build and tidy up on my new 86,last thursday taking it for a drive on some decent roads the right side front wheel area developed a creak so the next day i put in new wheel bearings with loads of grease and adjusted them nice and while it was up i installed my new bc gold series coilovers to the front.Taking it for a test drive it drives amazingg compared to before but still has a creak comming from drivers side front wheel area,i checked everything is tight checked sway bar and all other bushes and they are all new looking and no play,checked bolts for cross member,it dosent effect driving but shits me ,dose anyone have any ideas or is there something else i should be looking at or is it part of owning a old car haha,it never made this noise before a drive last thursday night

trikzlane
27th March 2011, 08:58 PM
mostly likely LCA bushes or ball joint

Stain
27th March 2011, 09:40 PM
i once had strange creak coming from the front suspension... all components checked out fine...
it ended up being a longer than usual bolt sticking thru the strut tower and _just_ touching the spring under certain load/cornering.
not saying thats what yours is, but doesn't hurt to check :)

Nicko
27th March 2011, 10:49 PM
ive just finished a lil build and tidy up on my new 86,last thursday taking it for a drive on some decent roads the right side front wheel area developed a creak so the next day i put in new wheel bearings with loads of grease and adjusted them nice and while it was up i installed my new bc gold series coilovers to the front.Taking it for a test drive it drives amazingg compared to before but still has a creak comming from drivers side front wheel area,i checked everything is tight checked sway bar and all other bushes and they are all new looking and no play,checked bolts for cross member,it dosent effect driving but shits me ,dose anyone have any ideas or is there something else i should be looking at or is it part of owning a old car haha,it never made this noise before a drive last thursday night

Needs more enter key.

FYI, enter key looks like this

http://www.bikeforest.com/CAD/faq/enter_key.jpg

Cerby86
28th March 2011, 12:03 AM
woo is it that time of year again? LOL

slide86
28th March 2011, 12:14 AM
remove the lower control arm bolt, pull the arm down, apply heaps of grease to the bush where it rubs on the crossmember. Refit the arm and bolt. see how you go.

repeat the same process for the castor rod bushes, perhaps just spray them with rp7 instead of trying to remove the rod.

if you spray a bush and the noise goes away, then you have found the culprit and you can grease it up properly.

s13 james
29th March 2011, 05:12 PM
thanks for that worked great its all gone,sorry bout not using enter i never knew i was ment
to but will now

xero
30th March 2011, 10:17 AM
all AE86's creak/squeak in some way.

HTH