PDA

View Full Version : Modded loom to suit 86, compatibility?

willa
28th March 2011, 05:09 PM
Just a quick-ish sort of question, ive read somewhere before that basically when working on an ae71, use a ke70 workshop manual for all body related stuff and an adm sprinter manual for all the wiring biz. NOW, im not taking this info as gospel, although what i would like to know is if a 4agze loom had been modded to suit an ADM ae86, would it be compatible with a manual ae71?

Also basic chat on the topic is fine.

Cheers, Will.

p.s for sam-q haha. I had a search sam and found either nothing or i dont know how to work it right, i also checked your index which is pretty sweet but really didnt find an answer.

slide86
28th March 2011, 05:15 PM
so are you asking if you can take the loom out of the ae86 and fit it into the ae71?

yes you will........

haveaparty
28th March 2011, 05:48 PM
I think I understand wat ur saying. So u have a 4agze loom thats been modded and spliced into and made to fit an 86 and u want to put that loom (86 wiring aswell) into a 71. Is this right??? If so then it will go in. Mabey hav to re shape the loom in some places and some colour wires may be different but I'm sure it's doable. best bet would be to get 86 and 71 reading manuals and the manual for wat car the engine is out of and then u can get the wire u need, find wat colour it is on each car and then join them together.

willa
28th March 2011, 07:09 PM
)Yeh, basically was wondering if I could follow an ae86 guide, and after a bit more searching (google is better for finding stuff on this site than the search engine) I have found the answer, and also a couple of maps etc., cheers