PDA

View Full Version : 4agze/te no spark :( I need help fellas!

armc89
14th April 2011, 03:11 PM
Hey guys I have a ae71 4agze map sensored running turbo set up with haltech ecu! There is a small spark when ignition is first turned on ( it's always done that) but then when I crank there is no spark on any Of the plugs.
If any of you guys have some ideas I would appreciate it I will trade beers for knowledge!
Car has been sitting for to months now while I was fitting a new turbo and modding the intake system but I havent touched any wiring or anything!

slide86
14th April 2011, 03:15 PM
are you getting any diagnostic info from the haltech?

make sure the CAS is plugged in correctly, sounds like the ecu might not be getting a RPM signal.

Andy San
14th April 2011, 03:49 PM
you will need a haltech reluctor adaptor to make it work properly. I stuffed around for 3 months trying different things and in the end I should have spent the money in the first place and saved a lot of stuffing around. The adaptor converts the toyota sine wave signal to a digital square wave signal so the ecu can read it properly.

The part number for the kit is RA10

armc89
14th April 2011, 04:17 PM
I'll check For diagnostic info tomorrow when I'm back with the car and the car was running perfectly for months before I started modding the intake to suit new turbo never had any Problems at all I'm guessing I have bumped a plug somewhere or maybe cas has decided to sh!t the bed

armc89
14th April 2011, 04:23 PM
And thanks for the help fellas

slide86
14th April 2011, 04:50 PM
when you were modifying the intake, did you undo an earth and forget you refit it.

I could be something as simple as that, check earths, fuses and connectors first. Always start at the simple stuff, its usually what gets overlooked!

armc89
14th April 2011, 05:03 PM
Yeah I forgot about the earth at first then reconnected it! I'll have to check It all tomorrow your right about the simple stuff tho it's so easy to think agghh the "flux capacitor " isnt fluxing