PDA

View Full Version : F series info

ecko
19th April 2011, 10:38 PM
So the F series thread is locked so just a quick question

the LSD from Altezza will fit?
now im guessing its the sxe10 or gxe10 as they are 7.5 inch as is the F series,
jce10 and gita are 8"

also the spacer ring i cant find any info on, anyone have pics?

cheers

Hen may possibly be a nut
19th April 2011, 10:44 PM
I put an Altezza LSD centre into an MS112 F series pumpkin and housing. Definitely no need for a spacer ring and, as far as I can remember, no problems with bearings.

It fits.

Skylar
19th April 2011, 11:03 PM
I put a cusco sxe10 diff into a tarago diff.

It fits. Doesn't need a spacer plate. I had a 45mm id centre so I had to get 50mm id bearings to suit cusco, no prob.

The only problem I did encounter was the axle has 90deg teeth but the cusco has 60 degress teeth or the other way 'round, making the axle loose in the centre. My theory is toyota changed the spline profile on the newer F-series (sxe10 chassis) so the tooth count and diameter is the same but the teeth have a different profile. You can fit MA61 centre into tarago diff, you can fit hilux centre into tarago diff, all old and ~same era but not sxe10. Either that or I got an oddball diff from cusco. One day, I'll check my theory out when I get under a gxe10 and pull an axle.

Sam-Q
19th April 2011, 11:21 PM
I am unsure why it was locked in the first place but it has been unlocked now, I will now close this thread, so if possible could all posts be made there again, thanks guys:

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/13568-F-series-Diff-info-Discussion