PDA

View Full Version : 4age with twin carbs into a 4ac ae86 ?

AIROCOBRA
25th April 2011, 09:30 AM
I was wanting to put a 4age big port with twin 40mm webers into a AE86 which at present is running a very tired 4ac. What is involved to make this happen ?

What distributor and mods
What fuel pump mods
any photos of conversion that have done
What are the rego implications

Nicko
25th April 2011, 04:34 PM
seriously couldn't be fucked trying to research it yourself eh?

AIROCOBRA
25th April 2011, 05:12 PM
Nicko keep your tampon adjusted ---
Yes, I have done some research , just want to see what others may have done .
I could be wrong but I thought technical questions are what the forums where for . If I am wrong then I bow to your sensitivity and humbly apologize.
And if any one would like to assist me but way of a sensible answer, then I would be grateful .

Dylan
26th April 2011, 04:43 PM
Either get a new distributor made up by Performance Ignition or use a Hyperpak ignition computer. To get a new distributor made up for mine cost $500 which I thought was quite reasonable, and these guys really know what there doing. Highly recommended.
Fuel setup is easy you need a low pressure high volume electric pump such as a Facet or Holley. Manifolds are pretty easy to come by.
As far as I know there is no "legal" way to rego. Here is an older pic of mine, can provide more pics if req.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4451/photo0109u.jpg

Skylar
26th April 2011, 07:37 PM
Yeah, either use stock distributor and ecu at the least or get a ecu and tune spark to suit. Can get a spark only ecu like Dylan suggested or get an adaptronic or something and don't use the fuel side.

Fuel pumps are easy. Go to u-pull-it style place and look at carby cars that don't have fuel pumps driven off the engine. They will have a pump either in or near the tank.

lolwat
26th April 2011, 08:01 PM
rego, dont let it run out and find yourself a down to earth inspector/workshop

Nicko
26th April 2011, 08:42 PM
Nicko keep your tampon adjusted ---
Yes, I have done some research , just want to see what others may have done .
I could be wrong but I thought technical questions are what the forums where for . If I am wrong then I bow to your sensitivity and humbly apologize.
And if any one would like to assist me but way of a sensible answer, then I would be grateful .

Dear AE86 fanfag (I would have used fanboy, but that was far too endearing),

I have looked into your previous posts and I see a theme emerging. 70% of your threads are in the "Technical Questions" forum.

There could be a few explanations into this. One of them could be that you do indeed seek the advice of your peers (constant though it may be).

Another could be that you are just such a winner, that the search button is just too good for you. Doing reading, googling stuff and putting actual time into research is probably much too advanced a concept for you to handle.

People will eventually get the shits of contantly answering your questions and being asked to help you do shit, that eventually just ignore your "how do I" threads. Sadly for me, the people on this forum are far too kind and large in number so they will just continue answering your generic and never ending questions, without asking themselves "why doesn't this fuckhead just browse the forums and use the search function"? With over 4 years worth of AE86 related questions posted on here, it would be a very RARE occurence that something to do with the technical side of an AE86 hasn't already been asked about / answered.