PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Gauge

Rip it
3rd May 2011, 10:45 AM
Hi all,
Quick question, in my SR AE71 I no longer have the original dash and obviously no fuel gauge, what I want to know is if anyone knows the part number for a VDO, Autometer or another reputable brand that will work with the standard sender, same ohms output, amperage ect ect.

Thanks in advanve guys!!!

meadan
3rd May 2011, 12:07 PM
I did a bit of searching for this the other weekend.

Im pretty sure that the sender is 3-110 ohms, from what my limited searhing told me.

Im pretty sure most toyota ones are the same, Ive modified one from a jzx90 cluster to fit into an old gauge cup, it seems to work so far (havent tested with a full or empty tank as yet)

You could get a universal one and fit a new sender to suit the gauge?

Rip it
10th May 2011, 09:42 AM
Surely someone has done this??? I want to install this weekend!! Need time to order gauge!!

4A-G3
13th May 2011, 10:48 PM
try to find a replacement fuel sender

corey70
30th September 2012, 09:28 PM
Anyone find the proper output specs for ke's? iv done several searches and only get the same answer which is "get a new/aftermarket sender" which i was hoping to avoid lol

Skylar
1st October 2012, 01:51 PM
I'm pretty sure someone said it in another thread but you can buy programmable electronic gauges so you don't need to give a shit about what the actual resistances are. You just get a fuel sender and swing it to full, hit set, swing it to empty, hit set, done.

From memory, meadan is right and it is 3-110 ohm. It's in the manual which I'm sure you can find online somewhere.

aaaaand one search on google would give you this:
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=23490