PDA

View Full Version : Someone who can paint panels for cheap!

Shitbox
19th May 2011, 06:45 PM
I have some flat front guards that I would like painted up in the near future.
at the moment they are red XX guards and want them painted in the same white as my AE71.

KurtHS
19th May 2011, 07:57 PM
Do all the prep work, get the paint and then take it to the panel beaters for primer, bring it home, more prep work, take it back down for paint.

That'd be the cheapest way if you can't find someone to do it.

Shitbox
19th May 2011, 08:15 PM
Yeah but knowing me I suck with painting and wouldnt turn out even half decent how much roughly would you think it will cost if someone else does it?

Do all the prep work, get the paint and then take it to the panel beaters for primer, bring it home, more prep work, take it back down for paint.

That'd be the cheapest way if you can't find someone to do it.

KurtHS
19th May 2011, 08:25 PM
Nah dude I'm saying do the prep work, sanding, filler, do all the panel beating and take it to a joint just for painting.

Shitbox
19th May 2011, 09:35 PM
yeah hrmm that could work still considering it though I want to import full quad light set up for 300 bucks but then have to wire up the lights etc etc...
got me thinking though if i should just use the money towards rebuilding my 4age so I can slide this thing lol

KurtHS
19th May 2011, 10:16 PM
Yes do that, trust me dude, my bodywork and paint is looking pretty schmick but it's the reason I haven't driven my corolla yet and I've had it over a year.

Takes so fckn long so you get a bit disheartened with the project when you can't drive it and it's just sitting there.

Shitbox
19th May 2011, 11:17 PM
Yeah thats very true man its my daily so its drivable but cant slide it or anything atm :(
only reason I want these quads is there cheap and new and I no there getting hard to find still cant make my mind up with em cause I love the slanty face aswell.
but I guess performance and handling should always come before cosmetics

dove grey 64
3rd June 2011, 07:04 PM
i have a friend in preston who is a beater/painter. i'll pm you his number if your keen.