PDA

View Full Version : Anyone rego'd a 4age swap in an E7? (VIC)

KurtHS
19th May 2011, 08:32 PM
Basically just wanna get some info from people who have registered their engine swap, changed engine number etc.

Where'd you take it? What did they say? Did they inspect it? KE70 4age swap or AE71 4age swap?

*E7*
19th May 2011, 08:59 PM
pm hokey, he has done it a couple times

Hokey
3rd June 2011, 07:16 PM
yeh just get a rwc from a mechanic who doesn't know what he's doing then take it to dandy vicroads and get some lady to come out and have a look.

they'll tell you a story about how they had a corolla lIke that for their first car and won't look twice at it

good luck

forgot to ad it was a ke70 aswell!

KurtHS
5th June 2011, 11:21 AM
I can get a rwc no problem, it's in an ae71 so it should be a piece of piss! Wonder if they could pick it at burwood, also wondering if they knock it back whether or not they put a notice next to the title/plates whatever for the next attempt. Too hungover for this thinking

cbjaust
14th June 2011, 06:19 PM
Heh,

when I bought my Blue Sprinter with the 7AGE in it I ended up at Sunshine (first available appointment) and it seems that the car still had a 4A engine number listed, anyway since the cam covers said "1600" it was all good :) so now I have an immobile Blue Sprinter now with a 4AGE in it sitting in my driveway and as far as VicRoads is concerned its motor is a 7A...

If its a AE71 you should have no problems at all.

sld sho
2nd November 2011, 10:05 PM
hey guys sorry to bring up a old thread but have a question regarding this topic and didnt want to make a new one as kurt said "
I can get a rwc no problem, it's in an ae71 so it should be a piece of piss! Wonder if they could pick it at burwood, also wondering if they knock it back whether or not they put a notice next to the title/plates whatever for the next attempt. Too hungover for this thinking

"

im more curious about the "if they put a notice title/plates part" as i want to give this a crack with me e7 at the local vic roads but scared if they knock it bak will they suspend rego or something like that..

any info greatly appreciated :)

claw
2nd November 2011, 10:21 PM
oakleigh!

sld sho
2nd November 2011, 10:30 PM
what about oakleigh?

dove grey 64
2nd November 2011, 10:56 PM
hey guys sorry to bring up a old thread but have a question regarding this topic and didnt want to make a new one as kurt said "

"

im more curious about the "if they put a notice title/plates part" as i want to give this a crack with me e7 at the local vic roads but scared if they knock it bak will they suspend rego or something like that..

any info greatly appreciated :)
its the rwc thats hard to get, the pits is easy. at the pits the only thing they check is your engine number and because your engine number is the same as your old 4ac....because they share the same block....its ok. its not illegal to fit fuel injection to your car. and its not illegal to change your cylinder head, your not increasing capacity or pistons. its illegal to go from efi to carbs
guys with mini's fit 16v bmw motor bike heads with quad throttles and efi and get through the pits fine.

rthy
2nd November 2011, 11:26 PM
its not illegal to fit fuel injection to your car.
got done at broady when changing over from a 4ac to 4age in the e7 by an "ex-mechanic", apparently EFI didn't exist pre 1985... wanted engineers cert for carby to efi conversion.
solution: dont go broady lol

sld sho
3rd November 2011, 12:51 AM
rhty so did they put suspended your rego or anything?

rthy
3rd November 2011, 05:39 PM
nah, only masrked it to have engineers