PDA

View Full Version : Front washer problem

Bozu
20th May 2011, 02:58 PM
Car - ADM AE86 Levin

motor - AE101 4AGTE

problem - Washers don't work

occurs/started when - I got car from prvious owner.

personal situation (if applicable)-Need to get them working to be able to license the car.

Hi guys,

Need your help on this one, as stated above the washers on my car don't work, front and back.
When I push the button to operate the washers the wipers start going but there's no water coming out.
I've done the following already:
- I've checked the pump motor by hooking it up to the battery directly and and it's working, so that's fine.
- Then I've checked the wires that connect to the pump motor and it seems there is no power on them when I push the button.
- Because there is no power on the wires I've checked the switch and that seems to be fine as the wipers start working only there is no power going to the pump. Also i'm getting a reading on my voltmeter when I press the switch, although the volts fluctuate so I'm wondering if I've measured the correct contact on the switch...I've measured contacts 2 and 7 according the wiring diagram (see added picture)

My questions that I have:
- Have I measured the correct contact's?
- Could it be the relay not letting any power go to the pumpmotor, although it does let the wipers work?
- Are the correct wires connected to the pump motor? If you look at the other picture I've added you see two plugs, a white one and a green one.

The green plug has two black/white wires that go into the same female connector and one black wire that goes into another female connector inside the plug. The black wire is cut so I tried to connect it to ground (assuming it is ground) to see if it would work then but no luck there.

The white plug has a white/red and a white/black wire each going into a seperate female connector. I tried this one as well but also no luck there.

If I look at the wiring diagram the pump motor has a Light Blue and a Light Blue/Yellow connected to it, hence my question if the correct wires are attached...

A side note to this is that my car originally had a 4ac, this was converted to a 4AGE and according to the previous owner they used a 4AGE loom as well. Then the 4AGE was swapped for a AE101 4AGZE with matching loom as well. I don't know if the wiring diagram I've added correspondes with a 4AGZE as well...Other wise that might explain the difference in wire colours...Does anyone know if the wire colours are different?

Hopefully I was clear enough in my explanation and someone can help me with this. I know a quick fix is to connect a separate switch to pump and battery but first I want to try and fix it how it's supposed to be.

Your help it greatly appreciated!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/9/1/1/70078.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/6/9/1/1/70079.jpg

Skylar
21st May 2011, 03:04 PM
Check for 12v on the blue/yellow and check that the white black on that plug is solidly earthed. Then check continuity between motor plug end and interior plug end. Otherwise bring it over, cbf explaining shit.

Bozu
22nd May 2011, 01:47 PM
This thread can be closed or deleted, I fixed it yesterday. I don't know what they've done with the engine conversion but I found the right connector next to the wiper motor, completely on the opposite side of the engine bay.
I extended the wires and it's working now, thanks anyways!

Nikkojoe
22nd May 2011, 10:32 PM
Probs had a jdm ae86 interior loom, engine bay loom (from the pic i see) and engine loom(at some point). The washer bottle on a jdm ae86 is on the strut tower next to the wiper motor (hence why the plug is at the wiper motor).

Bozu
23rd May 2011, 10:40 AM
Ah okay that explains it, thanks for the info I didn't know that!