PDA

View Full Version : your advice to buy a front half cut. (brisbane)

ballos
22nd May 2011, 01:30 PM
hey just wantin your advice on where people have bought good front cuts so i dont run into any trouble. near brisbane would be great thanks..:thumbup:

4age 16v bigport
4age 20v black/silvertop.

thanks Ballos.

sundee
28th May 2011, 09:06 AM
Dont even bother, you dont need all the crap that comes with a half cut.
all you want is engine/box and maybe ECU and Loom depending how you want to set it up.

johl
28th May 2011, 12:19 PM
I would talk to Craig from just Jdm imports. He's up on the way to the sunny coast and he brings in complete jap 86's that you can buy complete bolt in engine packages from

slydar
30th May 2011, 09:58 AM
Dont even bother, you dont need all the crap that comes with a half cut.
all you want is engine/box and maybe ECU and Loom depending how you want to set it up.

i would have to strongly disgaree. the extra parts you get make a way nicer car and the job heaps easier. if you use the dash and headlight looms there is only 1 extra wire you need to run for the fuel pump. also things like throttle cable, spare hoses, a way nicer gear box, etc etc.

slydar
30th May 2011, 09:59 AM
p.s craig has atleast 1 in stock.

randomskate
30th May 2011, 03:41 PM
dont get a bigport

marvis
30th May 2011, 04:46 PM
^ Why?

randomskate
30th May 2011, 05:08 PM
i mean in terms of smallport vs bigport.. unless i'm missing something smallport has more power... and bigport doesn't have oil squirters like the smallport does

timbo
30th May 2011, 05:16 PM
i mean in terms of smallport vs bigport.. unless i'm missing something smallport has more power... and bigport doesn't have oil squirters like the smallport does

agreed. bigport is useless for power unless you are going to run big cams, plus you can't make a bigport smaller but you can make a smallport bigger. smallport manifold is better, just need to get it turned around. smallport will take all the bigport stuff like water outlets etc. smallport is a better choice and i'm sure many would agree with me.

Jacobxxx
30th May 2011, 05:28 PM
or just get a 20v

randomskate
30th May 2011, 05:30 PM
agreed. bigport is useless for power unless you are going to run big cams, plus you can't make a bigport smaller but you can make a smallport bigger. smallport manifold is better, just need to get it turned around. smallport will take all the bigport stuff like water outlets etc. smallport is a better choice and i'm sure many would agree with me.

Compression ratios:
bigport: 9.4:1
smallport: 10.3:1

the smallport has an extra 16kW i think.. (84kW vs 100kW) plus if you want boost, all the TVIS is useless and needs to be removed, correct me if i'm wrong

however I am told that bigports respond better to mods.. maybe because the smallport doesn't need them :P

randomskate
30th May 2011, 05:31 PM
or just get a 20v

true that, if you have the cash.. for sure

ballos
31st May 2011, 11:25 PM
cheers for the advice lads,
ive found a clean rebuilt 20v ready set up for a rwd conversion. inc sstock ecu and loom, thinkin of upgrading ecu later down the track. and also has a t50 gearbox, not to badd i thought. pickin it up this week end :D so stoked.
but movin house so my lil 86 project is goin to be put on pause. untill then ill start my own build tread adn show you how it goes.........rust is a bitch:(

randomskate
31st May 2011, 11:30 PM
cheers for the advice lads,
ive found a clean rebuilt 20v ready set up for a rwd conversion. inc sstock ecu and loom, thinkin of upgrading ecu later down the track. and also has a t50 gearbox, not to badd i thought. pickin it up this week end :D so stoked.
but movin house so my lil 86 project is goin to be put on pause. untill then ill start my own build tread adn show you how it goes.........rust is a bitch:(

Cool mate, how much is it going to set you back? good luck with the build!

slydar
1st June 2011, 10:25 AM
small ports are better but small ports are also extremely rare. a good condition big port is not far off a small port, especially considering most small ports are from aussie delivered ae92s and have bulk k's.

randomskate
1st June 2011, 12:53 PM
small ports are better but small ports are also extremely rare. a good condition big port is not far off a small port, especially considering most small ports are from aussie delivered ae92s and have bulk k's.

Wow, i didn't know they were that rare! I got my smallport really easily, first wreckers I rang up, also the closest to my house was selling one for $900 orginal motor from an ae92, only done 135,000 k's.. I gave him $800 cash for it, couldn't find one anywhere else in syd though, I must of been lucky..