PDA

View Full Version : HELP! - Identify my diff (f-series?)

aaron
24th May 2011, 11:26 PM
I bought an f-series (yr22 tarago). Pulled it apart today.
has been converted to 4 stud and mounts swapped for ae86
disc brakes are reminiscient of a hilux setup with internal handbrake
unsure whether it is a f-series or a hybrid.
thoughts?

Hen may possibly be a nut
24th May 2011, 11:37 PM
Are the disc brakes on it stock (if you can tell)? YR22 had drums and the backing plate mounting bolts on the end of the axle tube are in a rectangular pattern (plus were 4x114.3 to start with so these axles shouldn't need converting). If the discs are stock then it may be MS112. They have the backing plate mounts in a funny, non-rectangular pattern. And the lever for the handbrake is pulled toward the centre of the car.

Also are the huge double row bearings on the axles? MS112 has them, YR22 doesn't.

Centre and axles sound like F. Though it's been ages since I measured one so I'm sure others can comment more accurately.

Pics would help people give their opinions too.

Skylar
24th May 2011, 11:41 PM
F is 27 spline 28mm.

aaron
25th May 2011, 12:19 AM
my bad, the discs have been redrilled to 4x114.3 so they are not stock. The handbrake pull is in the centre and I am pretty sure of the funny non-rectangular pattern you mention.
The centre is F but i thought all F axles were as you said skylar 27spline, 28mm. Is MS112 an F-series?

Skylar
25th May 2011, 12:33 AM
MS112 is F but they're like 1480 or something. Way big for corolla.

F-series with some other side gears popped into it to suit some bigger axle? ie your 29 spline 30mm axles from... whatever it came from. With the gears being welded they no longer have to mesh and work with toyota gears.

Skylar
25th May 2011, 02:14 AM
Duuuuude,

Hard enough finding anything with a 29 spline on the net but whatever I do find is all like 8 1/4"(jeep) or 9"

aaron
25th May 2011, 09:12 PM
WA Diff Centre and Just Toyota Wrecking have no idea what the axles were either when i took it there today. Apparently GQ Patrol are similar but it wasnt a match.
It's deff jap (metric) but from the look of the shaft some of its thickness has been machined down to fit inside the wheel bearings.
Also evident the hub face has been welded up and redrilled for 4x114.3
Just toyota think it is not toyota from the look of the handbrake assembly - really need to get a pic up for u guys to have a look (will do tmr)
mystery continues

aaron
13th June 2011, 09:53 PM
For those interested axles were navara d21. Although d21 came with drum brake only so these are some other nissan brake setup. can now go about some progress :-)