PDA

View Full Version : 4AGZE - Injector issues!

s3phro
26th May 2011, 12:19 AM
Heya Guys,

As you all probably know, just finishing up my gze conversion.. I'm at the point now where i've wiring up some resistors for the injectors, which seem to be getting 12v. However on turn over they don't seem to fire.. I'm presuming its probably a ground, is there any trick or other ground that needs to be wired up here?

I plugged an injector to a 9v battery and it deffinately fires and isn't stuck..

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Will.

s3phro
26th May 2011, 07:10 PM
I've had another quick look today and the injectors are deffinately getting power..

However when I plug a test light into the ground pins of the Ecu, and the other to power I don't get a light.. Sounds like a grounding problem to me.. Any help would be appreciated guys! :D

Other wise i'll be making up some new grounds for it i suppose..

biggo
26th May 2011, 07:58 PM
the ecu needs to know if its cranking/running

how did you wire up your Fuel circuit opening relay?

s3phro
26th May 2011, 10:54 PM
I'm using the stock wiring loom and circuit opening relay, it's getting petrol to the injectors they just arent pulsing, they're getting power just doesnt look like the ecu is grounding it.

Skylar
27th May 2011, 12:05 AM
Like biggo said, does the ECU even realise the engine is turning? Like, do you have spark without fuel or no spark and no fuel?

s3phro
27th May 2011, 09:27 AM
I'm getting spark, fuel pump is pumping fuel, just the injectors aren't pulsing.

biggo
27th May 2011, 05:40 PM
why did you add a resistor? gze injetors are 13.8 ohms anyway

s3phro
27th May 2011, 07:58 PM
aw11 gze, they use resistor packs. :X

s3phro
27th May 2011, 08:00 PM
Well it's deffinately not a ground, its got compression, the fuel pump is working, its got spark...

I'm lost 0_0, it runs for like 2 secs with some start ya bastard... but it still doesn't inject.. Maybe i'll try a continuity test..

Nikkojoe
27th May 2011, 09:39 PM
Is the engine loom earthed on the intake manifold? Make sure you got resistors that can withstand high currents.

Biggo, all 4agze injectors are low impediance (2.0ohm).

s3phro
28th May 2011, 12:20 AM
Yea it's deffiantely earthed, the resistors are holding up fine as well.

I'm gonna flick each injector manually tomorrow and see if it frees them up a bit, wish i had an led to see if they were getting current or not :(

Maybe i can pull one from one of my old computer cases...

With some start ya bastard she runs for a second or so till it's burnt it all so the timings fine, the sparks are fine its just the injectors.

s3phro
28th May 2011, 12:30 AM
OK I've got an LED, I'll test for pulse tomorrow, if i'm getting pulse then the injectors must be stuck. Otherwise it's a wiring problem elsewhere :(

s3phro
28th May 2011, 12:47 PM
Ok, so i'm getting pulse to the led, but no fuel in my cylinders. The fuel is coming out of the fuel filter fine, and down the return line..

all the injectors give a solid click when i hook them to a 9v battery...

Any ideas? :/

Skylar
28th May 2011, 03:20 PM
Dead FPR.

Pull the injectors and rail out make a bar that hold the injectors in while allowing the injectors to spray. Then watch the fuel not come out.

OR get a fuel pressure gauge.

You should be able to hear the injectors click if you are getting a pulse on the led.

s3phro
28th May 2011, 03:25 PM
Yea its odd.. I opened up each injector while the rail had pressure, the start after that it roared to life.. But the injectors didn't keep firing obviously..

It seems to have good pressure all the way along, cold start injector has pressure as wel..

0_0

Skylar
28th May 2011, 04:03 PM
That tells me by opening up for a long time period, as opposed to 2ms, some fuel comes out of the injectors. so, either the injectors are flowing much less than expected due to being clogged (dirty or fuel build up from just not being run in forever) or due to not enough fuel rail pressure.

You have three things to look at. Start with the cheapest.

s3phro
28th May 2011, 04:09 PM
Well I reckon first thing tomorrow i'll pull the rail off and give the injectors a good clean, considering we can't hear them clicking when we turn it over they must be clogged up..

I'll let you know how i go :)

s3phro
28th May 2011, 05:48 PM
SO i've got the rail off, soaking the injectors as we speak, gonna give them a good clean first thing tomorrow morning and see if they spit while on the rail. If all else fails I can borrow some 7M injectors just to make sure :)

biggo
29th May 2011, 10:00 AM
hose clamp an injector on the feed line and power them up. Easy way to check for spray

s3phro
29th May 2011, 11:11 PM
So after a day of pulling my rail to pieces over and over, it was the resistors. 10w10ohms is too much, had some 10w5.6ohms resistors i bought at the same time. Bolted them in BAM starts up like a boss.

But it stops after 10 seconds or so... so onto the next problem :P

Nikkojoe
30th May 2011, 12:00 AM
From memory, the resistors pack is 3.3ohms per bank