PDA

View Full Version : loose streering wheel

khai2298
26th May 2011, 08:11 PM
hey guys, i have a boss kit and d1 spec quick release streering wheel setup, ive found as of late the bolt that holds the boss kit onto the spline comes loose and allows the wheels to wiggle. ive tried threadlocking it, do i need a new bolt? any help is very appreciated, thanks guys

regards khai

lolwat
26th May 2011, 08:17 PM
what you using to do it up??

are you sure the boss kit is all the way down the spline and not catching then as you drive it its moving down more(thus becoming loose)

20v ae71
26th May 2011, 10:00 PM
what car is this? all 86 and E7's have a nut not a bolt. have you got the right bosskit? what brand is it?

Stain
26th May 2011, 10:08 PM
Are you sure its the correct boss kit? If it's not matched to a Toyota shaft and spline count it will wear down and become loose.

khai2298
27th May 2011, 10:36 AM
i got it from gktek in melbourne with my s/wheel. sorry i meant a nut not bolt sorry.i can see at the bottom of the spline there is like an o ring with two little nobs on it, what is it? also at the bottom of the boss kit (the end that slides first down the spline, there is 3 holes at top and 1 on bottom, where it looks like those 2 nob things can fit into.

Stain
27th May 2011, 10:43 AM
Cant quite picture what you're talking about. But at a guess, that'd be the cancelers for your indicators.
You know when you straighten the wheel up after indicating and they turn off automatically?