PDA

View Full Version : 20v 4-age Silvertop into AE71

Gabe
1st June 2011, 02:08 PM
Hey guys,

Im currently gathering parts for my 4-age 20v conversion into my ae71, the guy i bought it off have it converted to wasted spark system with coil packs from a hyundai sonata. He also gave me a distributor from the same car but it is broken, do i need a distributor to run a wasted spark?

Cheers Gabe

Sam-Q
1st June 2011, 05:59 PM
you can't run a dizzy at all unless your one of those knob heads who chops holes in firewalls

Stain
1st June 2011, 06:15 PM
or be tricky and relocate it to the front on the exhaust cam gear.

SHEPPO3930
2nd June 2011, 11:07 AM
what ECU is going to run the motor? factory (use a re-located dizzy), or aftermarket (ditch the dizzy and run coil packs).

Matt
6th June 2011, 04:43 PM
Isn't the 20v dizzy essentially the equiv of a gze CAS, but you remove the cap / leads.

Has anyone successfully set this up with a stock ecu and 1zz coil packs or is it not possible?

geoff
6th June 2011, 05:02 PM
Isn't the 20v dizzy essentially the equiv of a gze CAS, but you remove the cap / leads.

Has anyone successfully set this up with a stock ecu and 1zz coil packs or is it not possible?

yes, there's a write up on samq's site

http://s-86.com/s-20vrwd.html (under ignition system)

Skylar
6th June 2011, 06:45 PM
So dodge but whatever it works.

The trick to getting the 4 coil/single ignition output is to make sure that your new coils' dwell time is same or a little less than the stock 20v coil.