PDA

View Full Version : Car Alarms

Shitbox
3rd June 2011, 12:39 AM
I have been searching around for an alarm system for my AE71 but most the threads are old and new alarm systems have come out since then. So I just want some opinions on alarm systems some of you have been using.
Whats good and whats bad and where to buy them.
My budget is roughly around $200 (just something decent not overboard).

Thanks Ray.

geoff
3rd June 2011, 01:01 AM
I've had a mongoose m20s for about a 6 months now which i bought off this place on ebay. (picked up from the shop in springvale)

It's pretty basic (just an single point immobilizer and a shock sensor) but does what it needs to. Was $100

AE092
3rd June 2011, 01:09 AM
Hey Ray,

What Geoff said, there's a reputable car audio/alarm shop in Springvale that can supply and fit alarms from 200 - at that base price that includes the Mongoose M20 which is a basic alarm but does have an immobolizer, shock sensor, remote central locking and is also meets Aus. Standards as they all wires are black. I had one in the previous car and it prevented taking items in my car when they broke the window to get to it (in my drive way). I'm now onto another Mongoose one in the current car but with more functions.

If you're interested, the shop is called 'Complete Options' just off Westall Road on a service road

Shitbox
3rd June 2011, 10:26 PM
Thanks for information guys ill give complete options a call sounds like a good deal and I really need central locking hate using the key everytime.

Shitbox
3rd June 2011, 10:29 PM
Just looked it up its about 45mins away from me do you know any other shops that sell this alarm and do a good installation in the western suburbs.

AE092
7th June 2011, 12:42 AM
Sorry, I'm from the S.E end so don't off anyone. Just a tip, whoever you go with the install - make sure they know what they're doing. My alarm fitted by the previous owner was an absolute nightmare to get out with some exposed wires, some not heatshrinked and alot of tangles. If you're willing to travel then speak to Daniel at Complete Options, his the owner.

Shitbox
7th June 2011, 08:37 PM
Thanks Trung I think I might go with them its a good price and hopefully good installation.

AE092
7th June 2011, 11:56 PM
No problems, before you head down give them a call to confirm the price ect