PDA

View Full Version : hook a brother up

fantapants
14th June 2011, 10:24 PM
ladies and gentlemen.... well ladies :D

tossing around options for the daily sled.

who can conjure up a cheap cheap na sr20??? dont need a box, but the rest of it would be nice....

and.....

go!

well seeing as apparently it was in the wrong section and so helpfully moved.. it specifically needs to be in TASMANIA. Because shipping costs from the mainland defeat the purpose of the whole idea of going cheap cheap.

yeahhhh

Nicko
14th June 2011, 10:30 PM
Wrong forum there champ...

let me go right ahead and fix that up for you

yeahhhhhh

slydar
15th June 2011, 08:12 PM
cheap? daily? sr? no. i suggest a sigma 2.6. i am not kidding. especially if its a ke70 because then you dont need to do the hydro clutch! double the swept capacity. i'd have to say that is the definition of bi-winning.

fantapants
16th June 2011, 08:18 PM
its cheap cos i have a free 6 speed box, a free haltech ecu, and access to free fabrication and exhaust ,aking etc etc etc. there are costs ill have to incur but the engine is the only main one :) But yeah i totally get where you are coming from otherwise....

ae71
16th June 2011, 10:08 PM
dont get a n/a SR they are weak as piss man. i went for a spin in a mates s13 with freshly rebuilt sr20de and it was so farken slow. i know the ke70 is lighter but seriously not worth the effort. a sr20det is alright on fuel if you can control youself and drive it off boost, i got pretty good economy from my s13 and was amazed how good when flogging/drifting it. i say sell the 6 speed and haltech and you should be able to buy yourself or be well towards a turbo SR.

Brendo has a turbo SR long motor. he is in ulvy about 40mins away from you. if that interests you give me a buzz and ill put you onto him.

either this or a beams 3s/ f22c

fantapants
17th June 2011, 08:38 PM
long motor in ulvy is of interest, i work there. and the standard de are pov i agree... however, i have access to a proper cheap complete 16ve and 50mm quads. So it would end up as a give or take 140 odd rwkw na sr. But its all about getting it done to budget and quickly lol. hit me with your mates details man :)

marvis
13th July 2011, 11:42 PM
How did you go with this?