PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Roady Brisbane - ASAP

Low Style
16th June 2011, 05:15 PM
Hey,

I need to get a mobile roady done asap to my car so i can get out and about driving!

can people please put in here or send me a pm for any decent mobile roady person.

Cheers,
Jon

Low Style
20th June 2011, 03:16 PM
Can anyone help with this please?

If not mobile does anyone know a decent roady place close to Aspley area??

I can take the car anywhere just need to get a trailer. Car is in very decent condition just dont wanna deal with anal people.

Nicko
20th June 2011, 04:16 PM
Sams Motors, Lawnton.

http://www.womow.com.au/biz/Sams-Motors-Lawnton/

He has done a couple of mobile roady's for me before - Tops bloke too

Jacobxxx
20th June 2011, 04:27 PM
You dont have to get a trailer to take it places, if you're going to get a road worthy you just need to arange 1 day CTP and when you get pulled over by police make sure you have a booking at the workshop so they can call and confirm you're not just driving around saying you have a road worthy inspection.

Oh and keep a copy of the CTP with you.

Nicko
20th June 2011, 05:41 PM
^^^ What he said...

Your CTP will cover the trip to the mechanic to get the RWC (before you have rego)

Let me know if Sam is still around. been a few years since he did my AE71 and AE82

randomskate
20th June 2011, 05:44 PM
i did this with my car, I even printed off the section on the RTAs website saying that it was legal to drive it to the rego place just in case i got pulled over, also I got insured for 30 days CTP just by ringing up NRMA, didn't have to pay CTP until the 30 days are up.

Low Style
20th June 2011, 06:10 PM
this is true! cheers fellas

trikzlane
20th June 2011, 08:26 PM
give me the red ke70, i need a new sell

Low Style
20th June 2011, 08:34 PM
not till the other one is running :P

trikzlane
20th June 2011, 10:30 PM
challenge accepted

marvis
21st June 2011, 11:15 AM
I always drive to places on CTP etc. All legal.

randomskate
21st June 2011, 11:56 AM
I always drive to places on CTP etc. All legal.

really? i thought it was only legal to drive to and from the place of registration (mechanics) only to get your blueslip. i just got this from the net:

"
Driving an unregistered vehicle attracts on-the-spot fines ($1007 for driving uninsured and unregistered) and four demerit points. If the matter goes to court, the court can impose fines of up to $2200 for driving unregistered and $5500 for driving uninsured.
The only time you can legally drive an unregistered car is to get the car registered – such as driving directly to your inspection station or to a motor registry. And you must use the most direct or convenient route.
"

Jacobxxx
21st June 2011, 12:04 PM
Queensland not NSW.

Low Style
21st June 2011, 12:33 PM
do i have to take the car with my to QLD transport? or can i just rock up with roady and ctp info?

Jacobxxx
21st June 2011, 12:37 PM
Depends, i took mine with me and they didnt even look at it. I think it's if the engine number has been changed they want to look at it. Go a friday afternoon or something when they can't really be bothered getting out of their seat to go check out some shitbox 1982 Corolla.

randomskate
21st June 2011, 01:07 PM
Queensland not NSW.
touche..

How do I register my unregistered motor vehicle or motorbike (secondhand)

To register a secondhand vehicle in Queensland you must legally move the vehicle to obtain a Safety Certificate. This ensures all vehicles registered in Queensland meet the safety requirements for operation on Queensland roads.
Before you can move your vehicle from its place of purchase or from where it is currently garaged, you must:

complete a Vehicle Registration Application form (F3518) (http://www.support.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/formsdat.nsf/Forms/QF3518/). This form is also available at your local Department of Transport and Main Roads customer service centre (http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/About-us/Contact-us/In-person/Customer-service-centres.aspx)
organise a CTP insurance certificate, for the six or twelve month registration period of the vehicle, through a licensed insurer (http://www.maic.qld.gov.au/ctp-premium/licensed-insurers.shtml)
ensure the plate(s) and label have been removed from the vehicle. Standard Queensland plate(s) must be surrendered to the department or their agent.

Carry a completed form F3518 and your CTP insurance certificate with you to allow you to legally travel in your vehicle on the shortest and most direct route to:

an Approved Inspection Station (AIS) to obtain a safety certificate
an authorised gas installer to obtain a gas certificate (if applicable).

Note: If your vehicle does not pass a safety certificate, and the work cannot be done at the AIS, you will need to obtain an unregistered vehicle permit if the vehicle is considered to be in a safe condition. Otherwise the vehicle must be transported.
Once you have obtained a safety certificate and a gas certificate (if applicable) you are permitted to travel directly to a Department of Transport and Main Roads customer service centre (http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/About-us/Contact-us/In-person/Customer-service-centres.aspx) to apply for vehicle registration.
Please refer to the Pre-registration checklist (http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Registration/Registering-vehicles/Registering-motor-vehicles-and-motorbikes.aspx#checklist) before applying for vehicle registration.

BLIPAE86
21st June 2011, 02:00 PM
if you need some one let me know he wont even take the car for a drive he done my mod plate for the two seats roll cage and just the dash he told me to change a few things but wont charge you if you fix it up within 1 month for the original inspection plus if they do look at your car its just to check the engine and vin numbers

marvis
21st June 2011, 02:45 PM
really? i thought it was only legal to drive to and from the place of registration (mechanics) only to get your blueslip. i just got this from the net:

That is what I meant.

Low Style
21st June 2011, 07:53 PM
im just going to go after work on my bike and see if they wanna see it.

johl
21st June 2011, 08:06 PM
they have never checked my cars as i have never taken them there. and they all had mod plates and engine swaps

randomskate
21st June 2011, 08:49 PM
somebody that i don't know at all lol.. gave me a blueslip for my old celica without even sighting it! :P mistakenly wrote corolla on the rego papers too. Had to convince the registry office that it was just a simple mistake and it worked out and i got rego... Just..

He doesn't work there anymore apparently, I think he lost his job... I wonder why lol...