PDA

View Full Version : so why does every auto shop not want to touch imported cars?

Clinton
23rd February 2009, 12:36 PM
maybe its just were i live, but every workshop i go to ALWAYS asks if my AE86 in imported. it basically is a JDm 86 so i say yes. then bang, the "sorry mate, dont really want to touch it" attitude stinks. why do they hate imports? wiring is still wiring isnt it? even panel work. i recently got $1500 worth of rust cut out, but i only had to drive around to 4 workshops before i could find someone who would do it.

anyone else get hated on by workshops?

Eircamae86
23rd February 2009, 12:38 PM
Toyota wont even deal with them, such a trauma ring the parts dept,
I use www.toyodiy.com now & then just ask for the part mumber

Beau
23rd February 2009, 12:39 PM
You should show them your balls. That will fix em!

slydar
23rd February 2009, 12:44 PM
going to the wrong places.

45aken
23rd February 2009, 12:46 PM
just say it's not jdm?
a motor is a motor, a panel is a pannel

Clinton
23rd February 2009, 12:54 PM
a motor is a motor, a panel is a pannel

thats the way i see it anyway...

i live in pretty much a retirement town, i guess all the shops are just keen on fixing new stuff and changing a blown tail light for the 80+ y.o. drivers around here...

ThatsHowWeRoll
23rd February 2009, 12:55 PM
Just find a shop that has a passion for their work rather than just a job...they tend to be interested in odd stuff.

When i had to get my car rewired the auto elctrician got over it because it was a conversion car..I then took it to a guy who loves figuring wiring out and he happily did it..

shift_rook
23rd February 2009, 01:10 PM
man that sucks, my solution would be try and do as much of the work as possible by yourself or bribe ya mates that know something with beer

Beau
23rd February 2009, 01:39 PM
i stand by my comment as a solution

dustyae86
23rd February 2009, 01:41 PM
usually harder to get parts for most of the time

fantapants
23rd February 2009, 01:57 PM
meh you just bust out the mangina beau! that scares em into submission

n00bvak
23rd February 2009, 02:02 PM
nah I can see beau hitten up a reverse mangina (also known as a double back).

Showin them the good bits :P

Beau
23rd February 2009, 02:38 PM
nah I can see beau hitten up a reverse mangina (also known as a double back).

Showin them the good bits :P

Over here for the men that play the game of gods. It is known as THE BULLDOG and the infamous Matthew Mead has come face to face with one before!

johl
23rd February 2009, 02:40 PM
isnt it the goat?

on topic why do u say its an import when it isnt? there inlies ur problems me thinks

kaibeecee
23rd February 2009, 04:22 PM
yeah but most places like that just refuse to touch them because there is no 'aftermarket' of stock parts like most other cars.

that and the lead times on the parts would be too long etc etc

just too much of a bother for the ones that don't know any better

skin
23rd February 2009, 05:03 PM
reason being

Half the imports are fuked (such is there attitude), hard to get parts for and your average garage knows nothing about them and. So they tend to get shitty customers over stuff taking too long etc. End up doing there ass and not making money.

That was my old boss's attitude anways, tried to make me buy a VW lol