stuart
27th October 2005, 03:07 PM
G'day Hachi friends,
just purchase my AE86 from japan and it has a bit of rust i need to cut out
looking for a smashed or broken Hachi for body bits
Can anyone help

SPEEDCORE
27th October 2005, 04:02 PM
What exactly do you need and your location....

we'll be able to help with that info answered! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

Welcome to the forums!

stuart
27th October 2005, 04:34 PM
I live in Albury/Wodonga and have access to a couple of National trucking companies for freight if need be.
Im looking for an A pillar LH a LH door, both B pillars or better still a smashed shell i can cut bits out of also front RH guard, and a rear hatch
It all sounds alot for a couple of 5 cent holes in the lower siles, but thats what the local roadworthy dude wants just to put it in my name
This forum is great, its unbelievable how many Hachi's are out there i had no idea

EVIL 86
27th October 2005, 04:55 PM
dude easiest way is to dig most out and patch up and go to another road worthy dude coz thats alot of work i was gonna go down that path with my previes car but as long as u stop the rust u should be fine as the sprinters are double paneled thats the reason for the rust and if its in the sills it wont affect the structual roadworthyness of the car

86WANNABE
28th October 2005, 07:06 PM
WOW http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/ohmy.gif

Your road laws suck over there. W.A is as long as the body is structurally sound it will pass, rust holes or not.

EVIL 86
28th October 2005, 07:41 PM
yeah but rust in certain body oparts or points does affect the structual rigidity and making the car more prone to snapping in half on impact or hard cornering

ae86
28th October 2005, 08:05 PM
replacing the a and b pillars! thats alot of work man...
try wreckers?
actually you should go onto toymods (toymods.org.au ) and look up a user called Sexy16 .. his name is paul and he always has sprinter parts and sprinter wrecks coming out of his ass.. hes in penrith, syd. but gauranteed he would be able to help you out in some way..

sounds like you got a big job in front of you.

RobertoX
29th October 2005, 01:00 AM
errr wreck the car, and with the money u get from that buy an aus spec clean shell...

86WANNABE
29th October 2005, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by kyoto_esp@Oct 28 2005, 06:41 PM
yeah but rust in certain body oparts or points does affect the structual rigidity and making the car more prone to snapping in half on impact or hard cornering
Agree

Thats so true http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

stuart
30th October 2005, 10:39 AM
Thanks dudes, i was at Winton raceway yesterday and had an admiring crowd looking at my vehicle at times during the day a couple of whom happened to be mechanical engineers. They informed me that it would take alot more rust for vehicle to be structurally unsound and that what they could see was completely repairable. Awesome.... so to work i must go cutting, rubbing and painting.