PDA

View Full Version : AE101 4AGZE + GT28RS

KE70Drifter
8th December 2005, 01:07 PM
Its a stock 4AGZE AE101, its got a lightend fly and a high mount manifold with a GT28RS and 0.64 exh housing. When would it hit boost roughly??

Iain

Dorio86
8th December 2005, 01:24 PM
Thats a big Garrett turbo. Lightend fly wont effect much the performance if the car has a lot of torque.

with the 1.6 expect it reaching positive boost around 4500 to 5000 rpm, 1st or 2nd might not have efficient volume of air.

Try a v mount, cams, titanium valves and springs, bigger throttle(stay away from the 20v) for more response.

Grab a throttle of an old landcruser.

mattysshop
8th December 2005, 02:43 PM
don't use anything more than 2" or 2.25" mandril piping..depending on how your budget is.. a custom intercooler can make a world of difference..

the turbo manifold you get made can have a massive difference too.. smaller runner dia, and length = high speed low end response..those 'disco potatos' as some people know them as boost around 3-3500 on most SR20's it depends on what you do to your engine..

an ex cam with a little more lift/duration can bring it on a few hundred rpm earlier..dump pipe that is made for it..

with an exhaust manifold and dump pipe..if it looks good and clean (no big mig bandit welds hangin off) and looks like it will flow nice and easy, would usually work very well..

KE70Drifter
8th December 2005, 02:47 PM
All the specs and pics of the engine and parts are on my mates site.

http://www.loaded.net.au/STREET/ST-ke7001.htm

mattysshop
8th December 2005, 06:13 PM
very nice..the manifold looks very good from what i can see..a nice mix of runner length..if anything a bit long, but you'll have an awsome whack of power on full noise..these are the ones my boss does at extreme engineering..feels wierd workin for one of your good mates..specially when he is only a few years older than you!

NickAE86
8th December 2005, 06:27 PM
i got one on a bigport ze...1st & 2nd rev out too quickly as dorio86 has suggested. With smooth acceleration the top of 2nd gear & through 3rd is where you can feel the air starting to flow. I can feel the boost beginning to wind about 2.5k and close to full by the time i hit 4k...i dont have a gauge so i can only estimate

with an aftermarket ecu & a good tune low end response should be good

mattysshop
9th December 2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by NickAE86@Dec 8 2005, 05:27 PM
i got one on a bigport ze...1st & 2nd rev out too quickly as dorio86 has suggested. With smooth acceleration the top of 2nd gear & through 3rd is where you can feel the air starting to flow. I can feel the boost beginning to wind about 2.5k and close to full by the time i hit 4k...i dont have a gauge so i can only estimate

with an aftermarket ecu & a good tune low end response should be good
doesn't that just give you a raging hardon listening to that?

KE70Drifter
9th December 2005, 08:30 AM
For sure it does http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

I got a wolf 3d V4 but i can only get it tuned on 95 ron as thats all i have in tassie.