PDA

View Full Version : FRICHEN SEATBELT SYSTEM!!!

xolent
14th December 2005, 04:35 PM
I just took my frichen sprinter ones out and replacing them with the Paseo ones. But now both of them do not work prior fitting them in.

Has anyone replaced theirs?

I'm in big trouble!

decoyslikecurves
14th December 2005, 05:29 PM
Put them in their little mounts and bolt them in, they will work once they are in. They have very precise mechanisms in them.

xolent
14th December 2005, 08:16 PM
the thing is, their paseo winders

lol

thin ki have to make a trip to the wreckers again

mumblezzz
15th December 2005, 01:07 AM
The seatbelts will only work at a certain angle. Any more or less and they will stay locked.

xolent
15th December 2005, 09:51 AM
oh okay thanks alot

the thing is, the sprinter one is supported at an angle

but the paseo one that i'm using was supported straight.

is it just the mater of what angle the seatbelt comes out of or the angle it is supported on?

I had it working for atleast 3 hours, then i decided to cut my sprinter ones to get that stupid piece of trim out. then i decided to drive to petrol station and now it doesn't work!

DOH!

RobertoX
19th December 2005, 09:22 AM
FFS! They are your damn seatbelts!

Buy new ones from Toyota, do not get some from a wrecker! You have absolutely no idea of their history.

Do not get any from another model of car

Your life is worth that much, surely?

xolent
19th December 2005, 09:59 AM
sorry but no

RobertoX
19th December 2005, 04:21 PM
lol ok then http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

xolent
20th December 2005, 12:49 AM
Why should I spend lots of mulah for a retractor that's been sitting in storage for 20+years? Sure it's original and new. But can you justify why I can't use something from another car?

I mean, I can relocate the mounting points and it can quite possible turn out better. What's the big fuss? Ofcourse I'm not a dipshit so much that I buy a screwed retractor. But what makes you think a "new" (from 1983-85) one outperforms a second hand one (from the 1990s)?
I mean, a sprinter's retractor is 20+ years. The Paseo is alot younger and it MIGHT quite possibly be better in terms of design, quality and engineering.

C'mon man, who hasn't fitted something on a Sprinter that wasn't meant to be.

poh_86
20th December 2005, 05:41 PM
w0rd

are the paseo ones black?

heck it beats driving my mates car with fade on the belt FRICHEN SCARY

xolent
20th December 2005, 10:48 PM
yes they're black but that's not why i got them lol

rxbenny
26th December 2005, 02:45 AM
Why do people think that seatbelts are so trivial
go and buy some autoliv seat bels and retractors for the ae86 ....
brand new you will need to get a mounting kit

i was a fool and changed my seatbelts to some that didn't have the f***ed buckle thing and they would only lock if you braked hard and pulled the belt......

Not acceptable for any motorsport or driving on the road.

Plus I like to lock my belt before driving like as maniac.

So i forked out for the autoliv belts and had to get the mounting kit.
it rocks now and i trust my seatbelts to drive my gf, mum, sis and anyone i care about in my car.
if you have a prang even if it was not your fault would the excuse they were newer than what was in there negate the injuries caused?

I dun mean to be rude but the saying no brain no pain is coming to mind.

If it was not so important, why do they make you change the belt in imports if they don't meet adr's?

will you sell me your nuts for $200.00 bux cos you gots bigger balls than me to drive wif dogey seatbelts.

xolent
26th December 2005, 03:48 AM
ytou wouldn't happen to work for autoliv do ya? http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

rxbenny
28th December 2005, 03:57 PM
no i don't ...but if you need part numbers ......http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

xolent
29th December 2005, 01:21 AM
yeh please do

you in sydney?

and how much did it cost you?

it wasn't a bolt on was it?

rxbenny
31st December 2005, 12:36 AM
bolt right in
had to cut the mounting kit a little shorter and i also cut the plastic surround off my old ones to give the oem look but took bugger all time left and right are different

got em from repco cost me .....$228.28 including freight.

Part numbers for the retractors are k4533 and k4532 $89.49 each

mounting kit is k4425 and you will need 2 of em $34.30 the pair

if you send me your email i can take pics of them installed if u like

cheers dude

Ben