DRFTAE86
21st December 2005, 07:32 PM
Hammer.

DRiiFT_King
21st December 2005, 07:58 PM
im ignoring mine and hoping they will just flair them selfs

Gilly
21st December 2005, 08:37 PM
i used a steel post and rolled them between the tyre and guard if you do it slowly it rolls the lip back and pushes the guard out at the same time, just don't go too crazy or you'll crack the paint.

Stomp86
22nd December 2005, 01:11 AM
hmm...does anyone know the rolling properties of bog http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif can i flare my bog?

nah im just kidding....I heard before that you can use the front left guard welded over your rear right guard and vice versa if you have bad rust problems in the rear arches....i saw the guy do it too but it looked like a lot of work....

i know this is hardly relavent but maybe it can be of some use to someone whose rear is all rusted up..

Adam

mattysshop
22nd December 2005, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Stomp86@Dec 22 2005, 12:11 AM
hmm...does anyone know the rolling properties of bog http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif can i flare my bog?

nah im just kidding....I heard before that you can use the front left guard welded over your rear right guard and vice versa if you have bad rust problems in the rear arches....i saw the guy do it too but it looked like a lot of work....

i know this is hardly relavent but maybe it can be of some use to someone whose rear is all rusted up..

Adam
ha ha ha i don't think i could bring myself to do that! i'd just rust kill kill kill!! flare, then bog/glass it up and paint.. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif no butchering hatchi guards... ohh and despite what some people think JDM gaurds ARE DIFFERENT TO ADM ONES well the kouki JDM ones are at least.. i found out the had way.. you have to make a little bracket for the JDM parker to actually be fixed to the ADM gaurd...

slydar
24th December 2005, 05:57 PM
youll actually find some adm cars with the later update kouki guard with the provision for the differant screw placement for the parker.

as far as flaring, if youre really going to flare your guards, you dont need a guard roller, as you HAVE to paint them if you flare them.

start buy folding the inner lip back as far asyou can with a pair of pliers. start at one end and gradually work your way around, maybe do it in 2 passes...

then once its allmost flat, beat it down fully flat with a hammer, outside of the guard on something pretty hard, as above, start at one end and work you way across slowly, this keeps it nice and even.

once the inner lip is fuly flat you have a few options for folding the crease out. one way is to hammer it out from the inside with a big soft mallet or similar, this ill work but youll end up needing more bog ontop.

another way is to buy a dolley from super cheap, hold it on the inside behind the crease, and beat the crease down flat, again, start at one end and work your way around, go slow and try to be accurate with your hits.

eventually this will result in no crease, but the guard will still sort of curve down towards the outside.

if you want to get it flat, just continue beating it flat with the hammer and dolly, start at the bottom (near the guard lip) and working your way from left to right hammering it out flat and going higher and higher on each pass.

p.s dont bother unless you have rims over 7" wide and in an offset of zero or less. itll look silly.