PDA

View Full Version : What parts for KE70.

Hachi
23rd December 2005, 10:49 PM
Interested into what suspension set-up would be best for KE70 on a budget. Is it the same case as AE86 where Coilovers in the rear is not possible? If so would the best bet be to go with Front Coilovers and just Aftermarket Shocks and Springs in the Rear? Do AE86 Coilovers/Springs/Shocks fit KE70? Would a Rear and Front Strut Brace for AE86 fit KE70? Also do AE86 Seat rails fit KE70? Rims etc.

RobertoX
24th December 2005, 12:26 AM
if you were in adelaide you could bring it down to the shop!!!

but you are in qld so i will have to ship everything up, which is cool...

i can help you every step of the way with your ke70...having owned 2 and 1 ae86...

suspension set up on a budget, springs out of my old ke70 $150
rear swyabar 17mm - $100
new shocks $350
longer lower arms - $80
a few new bushes - $150
wheel alignment - $50
braces - $310pr

front coilovers are $770 as a MINIMUM, does that make it not 'budget' any more?

rear coilovers are possible on ae86 and ke70, just not common, or cheap, they share floor pans and many dimensions etc

front and rear strut braces fit

wheels are the same

seat rails are the same, but sometimes slightly different angles

pm me and i can tell you exactly what i can do...

thanks

Gilly
24th December 2005, 01:36 AM
as soon as the word "suspension" pops up in a thread i swear an alarm goes off on your computer!!! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

insert shameless free plug here: http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/wink.gif

Hachi dude use Dave he's got some good shit all of which is well priced

now send me my damn springs!!! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

are those longer arms front or rear? also may be interested in sway bar.... again.

Hachi
24th December 2005, 08:47 AM
Basically my immediate plans for the car is the following.

Bride Brix Seat (Can I use AE86 Rails?)
Front and Rear Aftermarket Shocks and Springs (Can I use AE86 ones?)
AE86 Power Steering Arms (Will they fit, will they give more lock?)
Front and Rear Strut Brace (You say AE86 Will fit?)
And some Decent 15 x 7 or similar wheels.
Also how hard are Boss Kit to get for KE70.
And would Super Low or even just Low 'King Springs' do the job for a car on a budget.

Thanks for the information so far its a big help.

Big T
24th December 2005, 08:36 PM
Al ae86 suspension components are identical to a ke70/ae71 EXCEPT the strut casings and the steering arms. ke70 ones have slightly thinner struts and the bolt spacing on the bottom is different, hence the different steering arms.

If you want to use ae86 ps arms, you'll need to get a pair of ae86 struts as well. They are a straight bolt in.

Eddie.

RobertoX
26th December 2005, 11:34 AM
seat will fit, might be on a slight angle

front springs are slightly different on series 1 t18 all others are basically identical

rear all fit

power steering arms wont fit, but if you get ae86 struts yes, tie rod end thread taper is the same so no worries there

ae86 braces will fit ke70 not t18

bosskits are the same

king dont make super low, and they will NOT do the job

good luck!

OBE353
26th December 2005, 12:05 PM
i have a set of kings modified by makita and yeah not the best option they have popped out on me a few times even though they r zip tied in, it is also really bouncy so it makes turnin a non smooth corner hard as it grips then spins then grips then spins, very unpredictable