PDA

View Full Version : aus sprinter converting to trueno

CRZ186
28th January 2006, 01:02 PM
Hey guys, im in a bit of a pickle, what parts do i need to convert my aus sprinter to a trueno (excluding bonnet,lites,fenders,bumper) which i already have..

thanx

snake666
28th January 2006, 01:28 PM
Im not too sure but don't u need the front apron also which the head lights bolt on to? Trueno headlights use quite different mounting points to levin lights. Or you could most likely cut the appropriate holes in the levin to suit?

And a grille if ur really pedantic http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

GTVAE86
28th January 2006, 05:16 PM
A 4age engine, and vented discs up front, plus discs in the rear. Get jap spec front seats too.

Monster
28th January 2006, 05:53 PM
The only thing you need to do to bolt on the Trueno headlights is unbolt part of the radiator support, the bit which the Levin headlights bolt up to.

Other than that, dont forget the headlight motors, headlight loom, fuse/relay box and if you really want to be padantic, the headlight switch (which has an extra bit on it to pop up the lights)

mattysshop
29th January 2006, 11:12 PM
1 condition.. you must be able to independantly pop up and down each head light in a winking fashin... http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif i think it looks great... ha ha *ahem* sorry...

KAWAII_hachi_roku
3rd February 2006, 08:42 PM
i also want such conversion. what is good workshop for supply and fit all parts in melbourne?

Astroboy
3rd February 2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by 20v Monster@Jan 28 2006, 04:53 PM
The only thing you need to do to bolt on the Trueno headlights is unbolt part of the radiator support, the bit which the Levin headlights bolt up to.

Other than that, dont forget the headlight motors, headlight loom, fuse/relay box and if you really want to be padantic, the headlight switch (which has an extra bit on it to pop up the lights)
You must be talking about the later 86's

Early cars you have to take the a small amount of metal off the headlight surport panel which is welded to the radiator support panel . Easy done with a grinder in a few mins .

Some truenos like i think snake's one had a relay for the headlight that is the same as used on the ra60's.

The switch isn't a must unless you need the open function to make changing bulbs easier

Search the web there is a guide to wiring the lights using normal relays somewhere

In melbourne techie on the move will be able to supply all those parts , and last time they had them in stock too . They had carbon bonnets from around $650 too and the frp guards with a panel shop to fit them http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif . Just msn them on
gtr0@hotmail.com

Astroboy
3rd February 2006, 09:06 PM
finally found it

www.techieonthemove.com

Jonny Rochester
8th February 2006, 08:35 PM
GTVAE86: The 4A-GE and vented disks and stuff are not specific to the Trueno. Some Truenos didn't have a 4A-GE.

li21
20th May 2006, 11:44 PM
How much are we talking for just a fixed light / bonet to pop up light w/ bonet conversion?

ES86
20th May 2006, 11:57 PM
techieonthemove now moved to blackburn and renamed into Promax Auto, the new address is 1 mary street, blackburn.