PDA

View Full Version : T18 Diff swap-age questions?

Bustin_86
22nd February 2006, 07:50 PM
Hey there guys. I just got a t18 T-series diff to put into my sprinter. I Was just wondering whether i would need the driveshaft? is it a bolt up swap if i have the driveshaft? Obviously, i will also need to weld my sway bar mounts on, but i already know this.

Also, can i do the swap the other way around, as in the S-series sprinter diff into a t18? I would have the sprinter driveshaft from my car if i have to use the t18 driveshaft when i put the T series Diff into my Sprinter.

If anyone could help i would appreciate it muchly. Thankyou Sir's!

Justin

CAE86
22nd February 2006, 07:54 PM
all you need to do is use the rear half of the drive shaft to bolt the t18 diff in. Theoretically you should be able to put the s series diff back into the t18 as they should bolt across fine. Was thinking of doing this a while back. (buy a t18 for $500, swap diffs and re-sell t18 for $500) but I was able to get one from a wrecker so didn't bother.

Bustin_86
22nd February 2006, 08:14 PM
yeh, i got a t18 for 500 with a shitload of parts...including a spare diff for me. And Driveshaft. My mate would like the other diff though, but i still want the t18 to drive as my friend and i are making ti into a bit of a rally basher....so thats why i want to know http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

Thanks for the help mate.