PDA

View Full Version : JDM altenator 4A-GE

Brendan
9th March 2009, 05:23 PM
need one aye, mines fucked, got it tested today and she wont charge...

needs to be a rwd jdm one :)

thanks guys

NIZLAH
9th March 2009, 05:50 PM
same as any fwd 4afe alternator man......... recoed ones goe for around $180, thats the cheapest I could find....
I was actually getting it for my daily (seca) and after I did I realised it was the same as the one off the JDM engine I had..

On that note, I have a silvertop 20v one you can have for $50... will just have to change the plug that connects to it, no big drama.

Brendan
9th March 2009, 07:32 PM
ah ok yeah just the pulleys different yeah? Or am I thinking of 4ac? Yeah sounds good dude, do u have the plug aswell? If not I could just use blade conectors yeah?

Where you located mate?

Sprinter86
9th March 2009, 07:41 PM
I think your right, the main difference between the FWD and RWD (jdm and adm) pulley components (waterpump, alternator, crank) is that the belt sits furthur forward of the motor.

so assuming you can just swap the pulleys on the alternator, most 4age/4afe fwd alternators should be compatible i suppose!

I can get a FWD 4age bigport one if you like.

nath

Nikkojoe
9th March 2009, 07:45 PM
Its the waterpump which is the only problem. All 4age alternators, fwd or rwd are the same. Also 7m I think fit (same design), but the terminals are in a different position.

Sprinter86
9th March 2009, 07:56 PM
ahh thats makes more sense, disrigard my last post! cheers nikkijoe

NIZLAH
9th March 2009, 08:47 PM
ah ok yeah just the pulleys different yeah? Or am I thinking of 4ac? Yeah sounds good dude, do u have the plug aswell? If not I could just use blade conectors yeah?

Where you located mate?

yeah as stated there is no issue with the pulleys.....
pretty certain I have the plug also....

Fozz
10th March 2009, 09:31 AM
u can use also an st182 altenator which gives u more charge power aswell