PDA

View Full Version : HID Zenon lighting

KAWAII_hachi_roku
28th February 2006, 05:01 PM
what companies make HID lighting that could use in my 86?
i had zenon HID angeleyes headlights that were Factory Standerd on my 330ci and like there apperance........i do not want angel eyes, i just want plain HID lights. thank you for your help. this is not RICE modification because it truly helps my vision by HID.

Julz01
28th February 2006, 06:48 PM
Check out

http://www.visionr.com.au/

there is a few that he has on there that would definantly be an improvement over the normal ae86 globes.

also if you do a search on ebay you should be able to find a heap.

SprinterTRD
28th February 2006, 07:22 PM
I have a 10000k pure white H4 hi/lo kit from Super Vision

KAWAII_hachi_roku
28th February 2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by SprinterTRD@Feb 28 2006, 06:22 PM
I have a 10000k pure white H4 hi/lo kit from Super Vision
thank you by your support......damn ebay, mainliy just blue headligh globe, not FULL zenon kits with ignighter and other parts.

Julz01
28th February 2006, 07:32 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MTEC-XENON-HID-CONV...1QQcmdZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MTEC-XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT_W0QQitemZ4614725001QQcategoryZ102560QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem)

There are a couple of kits on there but ur right they are mainly just globes

SprinterTRD
28th February 2006, 07:33 PM
The super fision kit has everything needed, transformers, starters , globes ect.

KAWAII_hachi_roku
2nd March 2006, 05:56 PM
i am wondering if anyone on this forum has experience with HIDs in there cars? particulary 86s?
i have had OEM BMW HIDs standerd in my 330ci and i was very impressed with the vision.

i am unsure what brand HID KIT i should buy for my 86 and what i should expect to pay?

poh_86
2nd March 2006, 06:38 PM
with hid kit you'll be better off changing ur head lamps aus spec are shithouse, try jdm if u havent got them already

Tylthidras
3rd March 2006, 12:57 AM
Whats the diff poh86?

mattysshop
3rd March 2006, 07:47 AM
a mate of mine just put some HID into his 86 celica.. they are a H4 bulb.. but not a buld if you know what i mean.. bought them off ebay for $200 something.. fitted them in an hour or so.. they are the real HID lights instant when you switch them on and off after they have warmed up for a few seconds.. and the light is sooooooooo white, it's actually purple.. but you know what i mean.. these are 8000K, but only have 1 beam.. no high beam, to the legalities are questionable...

KAWAII_hachi_roku
3rd March 2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by poh_86@Mar 2 2006, 05:38 PM
with hid kit you'll be better off changing ur head lamps aus spec are shithouse, try jdm if u havent got them already
what is difference of aus spec and jap spec headlights?
HID are illegal if they are single and not have high beam? can you get kit for high and low beam? or have HID low beam and normal high beam headlights?

Monster
3rd March 2006, 01:48 PM
According to the RTA, it is only legal to install aftermarket HID's on cars with 'Self leveling suspension' (IE TEMS systems on JZZ30's)

Its a doodle of a rule. Most auto elecs shops and 4WD places in Sydney that I know of have the HID kits off the shelf.

What is the difference between JDM and ADM headlights? (Zenki model of course) Toyota use the same part number... http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

KAWAII_hachi_roku
3rd March 2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by 20v Monster@Mar 3 2006, 12:48 PM
According to the RTA, it is only legal to install aftermarket HID's on cars with 'Self leveling suspension' (IE TEMS systems on JZZ30's)
that ADR make no sense??
police proberly could not tell difference between HID and normal lighting.....it is the last thing they would check 20year old car for.....i hope..........i want HIDs................does anyone know difference between aus spec headlights and JDM?

Monster
3rd March 2006, 04:48 PM
I think the fact that a 20 year old car HAS that brighter headlights might attract attention... also I think the dirty big transformers might give it away!

What is the difference between the ADM and JDM headlights?

KAWAII_hachi_roku
3rd March 2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by 20v Monster@Mar 3 2006, 03:48 PM
I think the fact that a 20 year old car HAS that brighter headlights might attract attention... also I think the dirty big transformers might give it away!

What is the difference between the ADM and JDM headlights?
i guess so. so are the HID parts that visibal fromoutside the headlight, looking in? hhhhmmm....on cars with projector headlight it is not noticibal, but i am unsure if it is noticibal on car without projector.

anyone..........What is the difference between the ADM and JDM headlights?

Shiri
3rd March 2006, 06:06 PM
jdm has better reflectors, no cap and as a result has much longer vision...

i had a HID kit on my 86 and i had jdm headlights... and they are technically illegal on any car that doesn't have HIDS as a stock item

and it's xenon

Micknofx
3rd March 2006, 07:10 PM
if you're not after 'rice' why not just put some good fog/driving lamps on. You can buy sets of lights way bright for like $100, rig em up to a switch and turn em on when you get to the dark hilly bits. Then when you need extra light it's there and when ya don't (cruising the burbs where you might get picked up) it's normal.

KAWAII_hachi_roku
3rd March 2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by MickNOFX@Mar 3 2006, 06:10 PM
if you're not after 'rice' why not just put some good fog/driving lamps on. You can buy sets of lights way bright for like $100, rig em up to a switch and turn em on when you get to the dark hilly bits. Then when you need extra light it's there and when ya don't (cruising the burbs where you might get picked up) it's normal.
my bmw had zenon HIDs and my parents 996 has HIDs.......the meaning of story is that i like HIDs

shiri........did your zenon hids get you trouble by police?

Hyuga
17th October 2006, 08:30 AM
wtf.. who is who now?? i'm confused

Monk
17th October 2006, 08:37 AM
its is pretty obvious that 'kawaii' is really jpsec still having a dummy spit at the real 'kawaii'

Isnt that jpsec guy ment to be running a business too?
extreamly fuckin immature imho

damo101
17th October 2006, 04:51 PM
do a search on 'hid kit' on ebay i found a whole heap of it about 2 months ago coz a fren wanted to put on his ford focus..

the hid kits come with the ballasts which u have to mount somewhere in your engine bay..u can hide it if u can find a spot to hide it..

last i read on here someone put hids on their headlights and the beam just goes everywhere coz of the poor reflector..

sprinter headlights are H4 so both the low and high beam are through the same bulb..if u want it legal (high low beam wise) u would need the H4 kit high/low beam which i think costs $300 above..but then again the question still is whether hid is actually legal or not in a sprinter

justin uses a pair of the philips globes (non hid) i think but im not sure which ones but theres blue,diamond and crystal vision from philips thats supposed to be brighter .but they cost almost around $100 a pair depending on which one..maybe can give them a try..

i dont bother with my lights being too dim..i use el cheapo ones from big w i think;coz i got it just for my rwc..i can see fine with them although it only lights up like 10 metres ahead..

thats all i know

harmsup_jai
18th October 2006, 11:20 AM
I use phillips bluevisions. Low beam is a bit better, but still not fantastic, High beam is pretty good.
I still want a set of driving lights though, kangaroos scare the crap out of me. Just gotta work out what and where to mount them.

also, as far as I know diamondvision's are illegal for road use because they don't meet the adr's for globe life, and if I was paying $160 for a set of headlight globes I'd want that. The crystalvision h4's are supposed to be legal, but not the others, for the same reasons.

blake