PDA

View Full Version : 4 Link Rear End

rxbenny
1st March 2006, 03:00 AM
Hey guys

Who has them and any advice on installing and making quieter i have the links and installed them but i am getting some wicked clunking...
was thinking of getting some larger diameter bolts, as the existing ones are marginally to small, and filing the holes until i can get them to fit nicely.

Cheers

Ben

Astroboy
1st March 2006, 09:12 AM
What kind of links do you have installed ? Rubber ? Pillow ? Rose Joints ?

Monster
1st March 2006, 11:57 AM
I take it you have adjustable links?

The bolts should be a tight fit otherwise it will cause the spherical ends to die very quickly.

rxbenny
2nd March 2006, 03:40 AM
i have tune agent adjsustable trailing arm links
with the spherical ends

mc68
3rd March 2006, 10:57 PM
rose joints will forever be noisy, nothing u can do about it.

Jonny Rochester
4th March 2006, 12:18 PM
The rear end of a new Camry is rose jointed, standard. No problems, no noise. (OK, the sub frame is rubber mounted to the body). Some extra harshness, with vibration transfer is expected, but klunking is not acceptable.

Some ball joints after time, will wear out and have some movement causing a clunk. New items never have this. Any Toyota ball joints on a car have some grease, and are covered with rubber seals, so they don't wear out.

If your ball joints (rose joints) don't have any rubber seal, you can't expect then to last. These links should be easy enough to make. Get hold of a ball joint catalog and you will see they can come with, or without rubber seals.