PDA

View Full Version : Castor

biggo
2nd March 2006, 01:20 AM
Hey all.

Im just wondering if anyone is using castor with neg camber? If so do i bring it all the way forward or push it as far back as it goes? Im looking at using XT130 rona arms on my 71, so is it a viable option or do i leave it alone?

upgarage
2nd March 2006, 01:22 AM
max castor for drift
ie pull wheels forward

driftae86
2nd March 2006, 01:37 AM
yep, next time you have a wheel alignment get them to put the castor so that the wheels are pulled all the way to the front.

makes steering heavier slightly but you get way better grip when turning. especially at high speed

biggo
2nd March 2006, 01:37 AM
Thanks mate.

I was thinking the same thing otherwise why else would motorbikes have there forks on an angle. Other than that, does it help absorb shocks better? I should have some 7kg spings in soon http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

driftae86
2nd March 2006, 03:59 AM
not sure about the shocks. all i know is that if you bring your wheels to the front you will have more negative camber when the wheels are turned, but close to zero in a straight line. which is ideal

RobertoX
2nd March 2006, 08:04 AM
im not a huge fan of max caster, so where around 3-3.5 degree is good

i have had max caster on a couple cars 5 degrees and didnt like it all that much...

RobertoX
2nd March 2006, 08:05 AM
most of the jap drifers (ae86) run 2-3.5

Joel-AE86
2nd March 2006, 10:08 AM
Max castor is optimal for most nissans...especially S13s.

AE86s dont need huge castor.

But I reckon its best to experiment. I used to run 3deg castor and I think i'll stick with something close to that.

KE70Drifter
2nd March 2006, 10:26 AM
for a newbie, how do i adjust the castor, or is it best to take it to a suspension place?

Iain

RobertoX
2nd March 2006, 11:04 AM
look at the castor rod...

if you cant find that...take it to a suspension shop

then they can make sure both sides are even too and adjust your toe at the same time - the price SHOULD be included in a standard wheel alignment, but probably wont be so just ring and ask..

good time to throw some new bushes in there too should be around $30pr which is what i sell em for