PDA

View Full Version : Help bodgy bastards butcherd

willy86
5th March 2006, 08:32 AM
hey guys was just havin a fiddle rolling my guards as i have a little bit of scrubbin goin on and wen i put the sigmas in its gona get worse. so anyway rollin away slowly on one side and pop a chunk of bog falls off the guard http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/blink.gif so closer inspection reveals that side has had the lip folded up underneith and the outside bogged for some reason but the other side is stock.
what to do what to do? now the side that is stock has a big dint in it anyway so i was thinkin both guards are f***ed i could just go for the full flair job but then im gona need paint and thats just too much hassle. anyone got any other ideas coz i know if i mess with that guard more bog will fall off and create more dramas

Riverside
5th March 2006, 10:59 AM
Just flare both and have them painted..or paint them yourself.

Perhaps you should have simply spaced the guards out rather than rolling them, it avoids the need for paint etc.

willy86
5th March 2006, 11:08 AM
u mean hack the guard in half and space it out, no thanks its a daily driver any 1 got tips on the flairing job?

.wolfwood
5th March 2006, 12:47 PM
y not jsut cut the farked bits out adn buy the fiberglass flares and bolt them on?

or not really after something so big?

biggo
5th March 2006, 01:52 PM
Pop rivets and flares for the win http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

willy86
5th March 2006, 04:11 PM
nah had group c flairs on my rx7 they do make things easier but they're so big if u dont have ur really fat wheels on the car looks gay. and my wheels arnt that fat

.wolfwood
5th March 2006, 04:35 PM
tahts true big flares with wheels that dont fill them look gay. i hate all those gay silvias you see with the wide body kits and stil have like 6ich wide tires, looks f***ing stupid

Riverside
5th March 2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by willy86@Mar 5 2006, 10:08 AM
u mean hack the guard in half and space it out, no thanks its a daily driver any 1 got tips on the flairing job?
No Willy.........I would never even contemplate that sort of carnage.

Pay attention to my UNMODIFIED Guards on my Silvia at the next QR event......I have 17 x 9" rims with 20mm bolt on spacers under them. HOW? I simply spaced out the guards.

I will be doing the same thing to my AE71 as my 15 x 7 XR4's (about +5 offset) sit just a bit wider than the stock guards.......doing it this way allows you to avoid the need for repainting...AND if you damage a guard you won't have to do the flaring all over again, just bolt on another stock guard.

I might have to a a short tutorial on this when i space my AE guards......It seems very few people realise it is even possible. eg: all those fibreglass guards on silvias etc.

ae86 drifter
5th March 2006, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Riverside+Mar 5 2006, 09:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-willy86@Mar 5 2006, 10:08 AM
No Willy.........I would never even contemplate that sort of carnage.

Pay attention to my UNMODIFIED Guards on my Silvia at the next QR event......I have 17 x 9" rims with 20mm bolt on spacers under them. HOW? I simply spaced out the guards.

I will be doing the same thing to my AE71 as my 15 x 7 XR4's (about +5 offset) sit just a bit wider than the stock guards.......doing it this way allows you to avoid the need for repainting...AND if you damage a guard you won't have to do the flaring all over again, just bolt on another stock guard.

I might have to a a short tutorial on this when i space my AE guards......It seems very few people realise it is even possible. eg: all those fibreglass guards on silvias etc. [/b]
very interested if u ever put and article up,gotta learn to do it myself http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

ae71neo
5th March 2006, 11:34 PM
Which silvia at QR? I'll be there on the 17th and the 19th.

mikes86
6th March 2006, 12:03 AM
The lighter green wide span shed one.

ae71neo
6th March 2006, 09:53 AM
Ooohh yeah, that one. Cool ill have a look if i see it in the pits.

willy86
6th March 2006, 09:55 AM
so how do u space it out nicko??

Riverside
6th March 2006, 10:00 PM
Despite my exceptional "paint" skills you will be hard pushed to understand what i mean in a picture (at least the way i draw it lol)

Your best bet would be to come and see me in the pits at QR and i can show you what i did to that car.

I am not certain that this mod will work on a toyota of this vintage but surely with a bit of creative thinking something can be done.

PS: Try to get a group together at QR so i only have to explain it once lol......don't have a lot of time between slides at QR. And my head often aint screwed on right when i am there.

biggo
6th March 2006, 10:20 PM
Pics Pics Pics i say http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

verm69
7th March 2006, 07:18 PM
amen

slydar
8th March 2006, 03:59 PM
make the wheels fit then repair once they do. pretty simple.

but what type of car is it? if you can get cheap guards without bog in them itd be better, as at full lock under load your wheel might still touch, and then the bog might fall out again.

willy86
9th March 2006, 12:12 PM
its a jap levin