PDA

View Full Version : spot weld drill

.wolfwood
16th March 2006, 03:02 PM
hey all jsut another little question i need answering, does anyone know of or herd of a special drill bit that ou use to undo spotwelds. cuz in he new ae86 that i got the bracket that are spot welded to the car that hold up the peddles is missing so i need t oget the little bracket of my old ea86, anyone help me out with this.

someone know were to get it from and how much it would cost. in in qld.

also need someone to spot weld it back on for me hehe.

ta ben

MAT713
16th March 2006, 03:21 PM
i just used a normal drill bit and drove it thru...

.wolfwood
16th March 2006, 03:27 PM
yeah but i need to remove this little pannel bracket thing and ove it to the next car and dont what to make it look all shitty. but them again if i cant find one then i really wont have any other choice.

MAT713
16th March 2006, 03:32 PM
still comes out pretty, u will just have a hole,

centre punch it, so the drill bit will grab clean, then get a de bur toolf rom a hardware for a couple bux, and after u've drilled the hole, clean it up by hand with the de-burrer

.wolfwood
16th March 2006, 03:36 PM
hmm yeah might have to do that, anyone do some spot welding for me?
sldo domeone pls tel me were to get ke20 throttle cable from, or what ev fits a turbo 4agze in a sprinter

SprinterTRD
16th March 2006, 10:51 PM
Yes you can buy a spotweld removal tool.

The tool is more like a mini hole saw than a drill. To use it I centre punch the spotweld for the alignment plunger then cut around the spot weld.

.wolfwood
16th March 2006, 10:57 PM
ahh i c i c
well i tryed jsut drilling out the spot welds but thta didnt so shit
so now i cant get the part of i need for new car so i cant putpeddles in so im screwd

slydar
17th March 2006, 10:41 AM
you can buy a spot weld drill bit from trade tools. theyre like $40-50 though..

flapped disc down where you think the spot weld is, the spot weld will be low and paint will be left ontop of it. then you know exactly where it is.

its a pain in the ass job, for sure.

mc68
22nd March 2006, 11:03 PM
spomething i made up, this ie what the drill bit looks like at the head....basically makes a perfect hole in the weld, and is a bastard to drill with as it take forever, but thats good so u dont go too far...

45aken
23rd March 2006, 09:39 AM
lol i swear that would have to be the worst educational drawing i've ever seen.

word for the effort though

mc68
23rd March 2006, 10:22 AM
hahahaha, its like an uber close up...

more eductational drawings need n'shit written on them http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

JDMJNKY
24th March 2006, 10:16 PM
hey mate give me your adress ill send one in the post im a panelbeater got shitloads of them. also with your ke 20 throttle cable i found a fault in it make sure you attach it to the accelerator pedal WELL i dropped my cable out of the pedal while battling denso in pinkbits damn it!!!!!!