PDA

View Full Version : What should I look for - Purchasing a Sprinter

LAZY
19th March 2006, 04:54 PM
Hello, I'm new here and on the hunt for a sprinter, what are the things I should look for in a reliable sprinter?

Nice forum by the way.

Andor
19th March 2006, 05:35 PM
What do you want it for? daily driver or project car?

Main problem with sprinters is rust just check all the usual places. Oh and don't sspend $7k on a stocker http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

Use the search function and you should find out all you need to know.
Happy shopping!

ToySprinta
20th March 2006, 10:45 PM
My best advice is... buy one with everything you want already done to it. You will save yourself $$$$$.
I can almost guarantee that most stockers you will find will have a shagged engine, shocks, bushes...etc etc

You should buy Wally's turbo, good price too http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

Medwin_3sGTE_AE86
20th March 2006, 11:51 PM
yeah...if its gonna be a project...buy one thats basically complete and just finish it off...u'll save heaps of money....

eastcoastdrifter
20th March 2006, 11:55 PM
if your looknig for a good sprinter seek out a old owner lol and most likely you will get a price at a steal lol

RobertoX
21st March 2006, 12:41 AM
the main thing to do is to not waste the sellers time when buying an ae86

rxbenny
21st March 2006, 01:03 AM
waste the sellers time?
are you telling him to rush into buying it so he doesn't annoy the person he is going to give cash to??????? hahahahhahahahahahha
j/k

just check the rust and body
tis potentially a 23 year old car now

also check for dogey upgrades alot of people do dogey wiring and when this is done incorrectly could cause you some pain in redoing work that you may or may not have paid for in the purchase price.
make sure you define what you want and dont settle for too much less than than and you will be happy.

spending the sort of cash it takes to buy a good condition modded sprinter is a big decision. considering you could buy a much newer and better condition car for the same dough.
i paid over 10k for mine and it was scary to spend that much but it is a car that is heaps more fun to drive than my previous car.

just my 2c so it doesn't really mean sfa.

RobertoX
21st March 2006, 01:10 AM
nah im saying, people that are looking to buy sprinters 8 times out of 10 are time wasters.....

because the people that want them already have them....

cos of the whole drift thing people want sprinters and a lot of them end up being time wasters....etc

Blown86
21st March 2006, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by truenosedan@Mar 20 2006, 10:10 PM
nah im saying, people that are looking to buy sprinters 8 times out of 10 are time wasters.....

because the people that want them already have them....

cos of the whole drift thing people want sprinters and a lot of them end up being time wasters....etc
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif

Two options:

1. buy a stocky and spend lots of money to make it decent.

2. buy a good modded one probably with Takumi Tax unless you're lucky/in the know.

Be very careful of rust/bog anywhere.
Be really careful of dorifto machines, even if they look good, there's many abortions out there.
In many cases the dorifto culture el cheapo ethic over rides any logic with regards to safety, good practice or common sense.

Wally
21st March 2006, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by ToySprinta@Mar 20 2006, 09:45 PM
My best advice is... buy one with everything you want already done to it. You will save yourself $$$$$.
I can almost guarantee that most stockers you will find will have a shagged engine, shocks, bushes...etc etc

You should buy Wally's turbo, good price too http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif
Ja she is still forsale!.

Tar Toy.

AEGZE
22nd March 2006, 11:41 AM
i think u guys scared him off buying a sprinter...lol
yeah..buying a sprinter is a big decision. u end up dumping 2 yrs worth of pay into it..but when u decide to get rid of it, u get people giving ridiculous offers like "i'll give u $4000" for something that u've dumped over $25,000 into. i gotta admit, they are damn fun cars to drive and throw around, but just not worth it unless have rich parents or something...

LAZY
22nd March 2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks everyone for the positive comments, I will keep an eye out.