PDA

View Full Version : Loosing Settings on My Wolf 3D Ver.3

DavisJD
21st March 2006, 09:14 PM
As the title sais im running a wolf 3d version 3 on my 4agze.
It was previouslly installed on a 4age in the same car and had the same problem once on the old engine.
So heres the problem, for an unknow reason, the first time the wolf threw out a couple of settings at certain RPM points, making the car run really really rough.
The second time, on a new engine the same thing happened.
Now tonight, about a month after the second incident it has happend again, seems like its reverted back to the base map though this time, and wont load my settings off the cartridges...
Going to ring the mechaninc about this tommorow and ask him what the best line to go about fixing this is.
Im guessing im going to have to send it back to wolf to get them to have a look.
Another thing that has been suggested to me tonight by an auto elec is to check all the terminal connections, could this cause that kind of fault? e.g bad earth

Anyway if you've come across anything like this before, or have any advice let me know.
Looks like $350 of dyno time a week and a half ago just went down the drain...!

slydar
22nd March 2006, 02:03 PM
ive heard of this happening with microtechs, but not wolfs. i always thought they were pretty realiable.

try calling wolf first.

do you use a lap top for tuning or hand controller? either way can you not back up you maps on you pc/lap top?

DavisJD
22nd March 2006, 06:49 PM
ok, after a bit more playing round and a phone call to the mechanic seems like the problem isnt the ECU after all.
Anyway close this topic, il start a new one for the problem of which i have no idea what it is!
Thanks for your help slydar