PDA

View Full Version : 4age firing on two cylinders

japlish
24th March 2006, 05:37 PM
Hey guys my new engine is only running on the back two cylinders.

I've checked and rechecked the injectors and have spark coming out of all four spark plug leads.

What else can I look at before I take it to the mechanic to get a compression test ect, ect.

SprinterTRD
24th March 2006, 07:19 PM
Are the leeds on the cap in the right places??

flamingheads
24th March 2006, 07:22 PM
Did you check the plugs? When my plugs get really dirty the car won't start, or could they have the wrong gap?
Also is it possible the spark plug leads are in the wrong order?
Or maybe it isn't actually running on 2 cylinders but its a problem that just seems the same.
I don't think compression could do that tho, unless its blowing lots of smoke.
Let us know what it was when you fix it.

kane
24th March 2006, 08:20 PM
Ha, me too, except mines running on the front two cylinders.

For me, it IS my injectors. If you pull the plugs off your injectors and put 12V and earth on the pins, you should feel/hear them opening and closing.

I blew mine up with dodgy coil wiring.

JDMJNKY
24th March 2006, 10:18 PM
had same problem in both of my sprinters one was spark plug lead order and the other one was the plugs that go onto the injectors were loose drops cylinders instantly.

japlish
25th March 2006, 12:38 AM
There all good sugestion guys but I'v checked all those things with out any luck.

The car isn't burning any smoke either. It actually burns really really clean.
Could it be something going on in the head. Such an bent valves. May be I bent them when I first started fooling with the timing or something.

I should mention that there's appsolutly no action at all on the front two cylinders.

riceburner
26th March 2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by johnO2@Mar 25 2006, 12:38 AM
There all good sugestion guys but I'v checked all those things with out any luck.

The car isn't burning any smoke either. It actually burns really really clean.
Could it be something going on in the head. Such an bent valves. May be I bent them when I first started fooling with the timing or something.

I should mention that there's appsolutly no action at all on the front two cylinders.
Have you compression checked the front 2 cylinders.

If theres spark and fuel as you say, there would be something happening, even if it was minor.

I say, either no fuel or incorrect spark plugs.

You say its burning really really clean, which cyl. All of the or just the front 2 cyl

Cheers

Steve