PDA

View Full Version : SAAS seats

johnny_08
2nd May 2006, 02:16 PM
Hey guys
I know this has been coverd many times but the search on this doesnt wanna come up anythin useful, so im just wondering , u know the 4 brackets that bolt to the floor and they are connceted to the slider by some sorta old school rivit,

Can u chop these off where they meet the slider and weild them onto the slider that came with the aftermarket seat? seems too easy but in theory it should work. thats why i dont understand all the problems pple have with mounting seats if this could be done.

please tell me if this can or cannot be done.

Cheers
John

dustyae86
2nd May 2006, 09:18 PM
Hey guys
I know this has been coverd many times but the search on this doesnt wanna come up anythin useful, so im just wondering , u know the 4 brackets that bolt to the floor and they are connceted to the slider by some sorta old school rivit,

Can u chop these off where they meet the slider and weild them onto the slider that came with the aftermarket seat? seems too easy but in theory it should work. thats why i dont understand all the problems pple have with mounting seats if this could be done.

please tell me if this can or cannot be done.

Cheers
John[/b]

i think that is possible but most people have the problem of being too high up so u nealry hit your head on the roof

johnny_08
2nd May 2006, 10:37 PM
but i dont see how it would cause the rails are the same size in height or maybe a few mm bigger?

xsoarerx
2nd May 2006, 10:41 PM
the aftermarket seats are usally the killer, more depth to them, i cut the mounts off my old seats just like what you sound like to be doing and i sit much higher now so 100mm almost. but i dont mind the extra hight for now.

johnny_08
3rd May 2006, 12:28 AM
ohh ok
so it will work then?cool i'll measure up thursday http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif (between head and roof)