PDA

View Full Version : fuel lines

ozsprintz
7th June 2006, 10:53 PM
well i put my fuel pump in its a bosche and i changed the fuel line in to 5/16 from then fuel pump. and thats all do i HAVE to change the rubber hose the one from the metal return to the tank or ca i leave it.
does the return line have a whole hep of pressure.
thanx

ozsprintz
9th June 2006, 12:13 AM
bump
some one must know can some one look at what they have

upgarage
9th June 2006, 12:20 AM
change them all to be safe

roadsailing
9th June 2006, 12:26 AM
return should be fine to leave low pressure, but it will cost you another 5 bucks to replace and it could probably use replacing anyway.

Hen is a total nutcase
9th June 2006, 01:36 PM
You MUST use high pressure EFI lines from EFI pump to the fuel pressure regulator. After that (basically the return line) its fine to use carby fuel line.

If you are playing with your fuel system replace all of the 20yr old rubber sections.

Hen

Micknofx
9th June 2006, 07:27 PM
^ also don't re-use those dodgy old hose clamps buy some good ones.

ozsprintz
9th June 2006, 10:30 PM
thanx guys thats what i thought is done temp for now but have to still get surge tank and other pump so will prob end up changin those any way

mattysshop
10th June 2006, 09:15 AM
actually found some really good shit at Pirtek.. it's called multi-purpose hose or somthing.. 500psi rated.. i used it when i turbo'd my mates Lexus is200 (returnless system, and we needed to change EVERYTHING) but yeh.. this shit is oil/fuel/solvent etc etc the guy said he hasn't seen the hose actually be eaten away buy anything like that.. and it's just about $10 per meter... 5/16 or 8mm size is always in stock.. stainless hose clamps!! or even better EFI hose clamps.. the thread of the band, doesn't cut into the hose like normal ones..

and if you have dramas getting the hose onto the barb... no matter how much hot water you use it just won't go on?! just put the end of the hose on the bench or concrete, and bash the end you want to go on the barb with a hammer..roll it around a bit.. it brakes up the 'backbone' of the hose, and makes it easier to get on.. also use a bit of grease.. any kind of grease is ok http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

mc68
10th June 2006, 11:09 AM
silicon spray has never failed me yet for stubborn hoses....