PDA

View Full Version : throttle Body bypass???

rthy
18th June 2006, 04:22 PM
can i block this hole in the throttle body? it seems to suck air in http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/dry.gif
that causes the up and down idle at 1100-1500rpm
I also tried to short the T connector and it was idled at 1500rpm...
When closed it off iwth my finger and seemed to idle fine but not sure wats its for?

DRFT - 86
18th June 2006, 04:49 PM
Man its there so the motor can breathe when the throttle is shut... ie: idle.... its pretty essential I believe... Ive heard of people making the hole smaller with a drilled out tire valve cap, to drop the idle a little...

rthy
18th June 2006, 05:00 PM
i thought the idle bReather was the little one in the middle there?

DRFT - 86
18th June 2006, 05:09 PM
Oh yeh I should have looked at the picture closer.... I think your right.. I only remember havin the 1 hole in my throttle body... will have to have another look sometime.... not sure what the other 2 holes are for..?

rthy
18th June 2006, 05:21 PM
yea i blocked it off anyways and ganna give it a test drive... i hope i dont have to push it back lol, good thing 86's are light...

cheers

slide86
18th June 2006, 07:56 PM
the one you have circled goes to the idle control motor. used for a/c and engine load

the lower one on the right is for base idle and can be adjusted. this is the one you want to change. it has a screw in a hole that is accesible from the top. turning this will adjust the idle.

the upper hole goes straight through and is to stoop the engine from stalling.

adjust the screw, give the car a few revs and see where the idle goes. keep adjusting it till the idle is good.

DRFT - 86
18th June 2006, 08:16 PM
2 easy............ champion

daz86
18th June 2006, 09:08 PM
im pretty sure that goes to the cold start i have not got that hooked up i have a bung in that it came with my throttle body and runs fine

rthy
18th June 2006, 10:13 PM
i have tried adjusting with the screw and it does nothing.
so i just blocked it off and it works fine and screw adjusting works when its blocked.

mattysshop
19th June 2006, 08:46 AM
bung off everything with those little nipples.. then adjust idle ..

WHITCHY
19th June 2006, 08:47 AM
This is the exact same problem I had with mine, that hole is there for the cold start crap at the bottom of the throttle body.
If you don't have the water hoses running into it then just take the cold start crap off the bottom of TB (it is only held on with a few screws)
Then cut a piece of metal and go and buy some gasket glue and gasket paper and cut to size and fit in place of where the old cold start crap was. and problem solved!
Good luck!
Cheers.
-Whitchy-

rthy
19th June 2006, 03:02 PM
cool, i blocked it off and see how it went and runs pretty good now http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

cheers