PDA

View Full Version : Costs for Engine Conversion

Wally
20th June 2006, 08:10 PM
Hi All,

Well after selling my hachi, my driveway is bare.

Thinking of picking up at KE70 or AE71 if i can, and dropping a 4age in it.

Now, just wondering, what type of costs will be involved to get a 4age working in a KE70.

So costs would need to include:
Engine
Parts needed to mount: Crossmember etc
Gearbox
Wiring
Driveshaft?
Exhaust
Something else??

Leave labour out of it now... but i would like to get a general idea before i commit myself...

Thanks guys.

Medicine_Man
20th June 2006, 08:12 PM
Couple of grand if you are doing it yourself

Wally
20th June 2006, 08:15 PM
Hey medicine man thanks,
Hoping to do it myself, except wiring...

basically do as much as i can. with some help.

Anthony
20th June 2006, 09:13 PM
if you use a ke youll need a pedal box, clutch master and slave and line, a tail shaft, engine brackets if you get a fwd 4ag, box.. its a pretty long list. basically you only do a ke if you HAVE to have the early style headlights, as ke's are cable clutch aswell as having the wrong box, tailshaft, engine and gearbox x member.

have a look in my thread in members rides. Dimitri's ke70 for all seasons. will give you an idea of what you need.

Big T
20th June 2006, 09:58 PM
Agree with Ant... grab yourself an AE71 if you can. Saves alot of part scavenging and it already has the hydraulic clutch system (it's a bitch to convert cable to hydraulic).

You also haven't included an EFI fuel system either. You'll want to go an external setup for these as it's difficult finding a standard internal pump that fits into the fuel tank (the inline bit is smaller on ke's than ae86s). Or if you manage to source an ae86 tank, you can use a whole bunch of intank stuff.

Eddie.

Wally
20th June 2006, 09:59 PM
thanks anthony, didnt realise that. thanks for pointing it out.

the ae71 has got eveything i would need already?...

just a matter of finding one, so rare!

b1gb3n
21st June 2006, 02:50 AM
search oh toymods.net

the late kevin gibbs (phrosbyte) did a pretty detailed thread on getting a 4age into a ae70/71.

Wally
21st June 2006, 07:42 AM
thanks ben ill check it out http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif