PDA

View Full Version : 4AGTE Power?

PuGZoR
16th July 2006, 10:23 PM
Hey all,

Just wanted to get an approx power rating on what people are getting with a very basic 4AGTE conversion. There are a few different things that obviously affect this reading though... Selection of turbo, exhaust manifold, size of intercooler, engine management system, as well as boost level.

If anyone who's done this conversion could post up their specs at any time in their buildup, it'd be much appreciated. Oh yeah, what series 4AGZE they used too, or if they used a 4AGE...

Discuss!

EDIT: Torque readings and dyno pics of power curves would be most appreciated if on hand.

.wolfwood
16th July 2006, 10:28 PM
hmm well i have a 4agte was a 4agze and it had a tyrbo a bit smaller than a t25 and some shit ass manafold and it made 190hp atw. with motec. this was on 8psi

i now have a way better manafold and a gt28rs and still the motec. im hoping to make 280hp. this might be unrealistic im not sure but its around what i would like to make.

DRFT - 86
16th July 2006, 10:40 PM
I would like to here torque figures and power curves also....

Hen is a total nutcase
17th July 2006, 12:41 AM
Search the old toymods forums. Someone once posted 20V vs GZE vs GTE power and torque curves. Was interesting to see.

In my experience, GTEs tend to make 100-200rwkw. With the low end having serious problems and the high end being well thought out and built.

If you have a read around I'm sure you will find stacks of info already out there.

Hen

boosted86
17th July 2006, 06:59 PM
im running a late model gze with ems stinger, turbo from a series 4 turbo rx7, huge intercooler, it made 130kw and 400nm atw on about 7-8psi but had a badly leaking flange gasket. the turbo is massively inefficient comes on boost between 4000-4500rpm. engine was built to handle over 25psi so with a different turbo and a capable fuel system 300-350hp isnt out of the question

hope that helps http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

DRFT - 86
17th July 2006, 07:01 PM
400nm sounds very decent ........ if I can get a figure around that mark from mine when its built I'll be stoked....

boosted86
17th July 2006, 09:31 PM
should be easy for you get

what engine were you thinking of starting the build with, what sort of budget will you have?

DRFT - 86
18th July 2006, 12:10 AM
Planning on using the 7 rib block with oil squirters (naturaly) budget is what ever it takes to build it the way I want it (keeping in my I will assemble and do most work myself)
gona have the block preped (crack and pressure tested/acid bathed ect) Get the standard gze crank balanced and preped...
New Gze rods and pistons...
bigport head --- cleaned up a little nothing major I dont think (already have this)
New trd/pep pro or similar valve springs and valve stems..(these because the ones in my head are currently fucked)
slightly bigger cams + adjustable cam gears..
T28 or similar snail with manifold to suit
Custom barrel intake manifold...
Injectors to suit and possibly a custom fuel rail
aftermarket Comp --- unsure what yet
full 3" straight through exhaust
lightened pulleys..
big front mount......

I think thats the main stuff coverered..........

I wanna build this motor solid.... plan to have low boost set at around 10 psi and high boost at 20-22psi when I really wana let loose....

At the moment Im in the process of upgrading my diff and gearbox (W58) and a custom 1 peice tailshaft......... its a project that Im dedicated to completing...

so whatever it takes I will spend....

.wolfwood
18th July 2006, 01:23 AM
i wish i had a budget of what eva it costs... good luck

monkeymajik
18th July 2006, 11:53 AM
Mine makes aboot 155rwkw on 12-13 PSI. td05h-16g turbo. Standard GZE computer and injectors.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/dynorun/dyno1Boost.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/car/dynorun/dyno1AFR.jpg

PuGZoR
18th July 2006, 02:53 PM
Mine makes aboot 155rwkw on 12-13 PSI. td05h-16g turbo. Standard GZE computer and injectors.[/b]
What else has it got done to it? Stock internals? What model 4AGZE did you use?

DRFT - 86
18th July 2006, 02:58 PM
i wish i had a budget of what eva it costs... good luck[/b]

lol yeh man Im pretty determined ahy..... I believe it should come in under 6-7 G though.... (for all the main Shit)

monkeymajik
18th July 2006, 03:39 PM
AE92 GZE AFM Twin Coil. unopened.

hybrid/copy intercooler, 3 inch exhaust/dump, are the only other power modifications.

.wolfwood
18th July 2006, 03:44 PM
6 - 7 k omfg, got money..

DRFT - 86
18th July 2006, 03:58 PM
nah dont have any money right now... but it will all go towards my ride when I do get a job.... not planning to build it in a week........... atleast over a 6 month period

PuGZoR
18th July 2006, 04:57 PM

hybrid/copy intercooler, 3 inch exhaust/dump, are the only other power modifications.[/b]
That's quite an impressive figure for the engine actually. Anything else on the cards? Anything really restricting you from making more power?

DRFT - 86
18th July 2006, 05:06 PM
Id say the Gze comp and fuel system would be the limiting factor of gettin more power out of it.........

86sp
18th July 2006, 07:06 PM
DRFT-86 - I'm doing this conversion in a few weeks. Basically a freshen up of the motor with balance. GT28RS, Microtech, 3" exhaust, standard injectors, std cams with adjustable gears. I will let you know how it goes. I've priced it all up and doing the rebuild myself and getting someone else to do piping, exhaust, it should be around 6g.

DRFT - 86
18th July 2006, 09:13 PM
Cool man sounds good.... keep me posted ....

PuGZoR
18th July 2006, 09:48 PM
86sp - sounds really sweet. Where in this great land are you? Reckon you could make this thread an unoffical log of your work? http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

86sp
19th July 2006, 07:55 PM
In Brisbane mate. Yeah, I will prob make a new thread for the buildup. New clutch goes in tomorrow so I can take the GZE for one last thrash.

DRFT - 86
19th July 2006, 08:07 PM
yeh please do make a build up thread man.... would be greatly appreciated...

PuGZoR
19th July 2006, 08:46 PM
I'll say. I'll be doing a GZE to GTE conversion as a second stage of building my drift machine by the looks of things at this stage. Need to get the '86, sell the MR2 and get the GZE in first before I worry about that though, lol. '86 is on it's way though. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

monkeymajik
20th July 2006, 12:32 AM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=244660)

hybrid/copy intercooler, 3 inch exhaust/dump, are the only other power modifications.[/b]
That's quite an impressive figure for the engine actually. Anything else on the cards? Anything really restricting you from making more power?
[/b]

Like DRFT - 86 said, need bigger injectors and something to control them to make any more power. The turbo has plenty left in it. There are wrx's making over 200kw at all 4 with the same turbo.

The problem with making more power than this is, you start breaking things very easily. No t-50, no t-series diff. It starts to get very expensive.

I'm pretty happy with the power. It's not mind blowing but you can have plenty of fun with it, and you can keep the t-50 (unless you are a flat shifting, clutch kicking bandit) and the T-series diff.

boosted86
20th July 2006, 07:51 PM
^yeah i sheared like six teeth off the crown and pinion in my jdm t series but no gearbox problems........ not yet anyway