View Full Version : 20 valve buld up

redsprinter
30th July 2006, 11:32 AM
hey guys.

in a couple of months im gonna go 20valve. done alot of reading on them and like the idea of a 20vavle suit my driving needs. anyway below is a price list of what i reckon its gonna cost me. if anybody can proof read it and see if my pricing is right. this is also one for the 20 valve guys. if you guys can help me out cause obviuosly you guys have gone done this path. cheers.

engine+loom- $1000-$2000 (black or sliver ???)

water thingy (from ant) - roughy $500 or less

exhuast/ manifold- $1500-$2000

ecu- $2000

t50 box- $500 max

lsd 2 way- about $1250 (from ajps)

jdm diff disc to disc- $1500

bits and bobs ( oils, hose, ) - $200

air box or trumpets- $500

if ive missed anything please tell me.

any opions are welcome.

cheers.

Monk
30th July 2006, 11:58 AM
hey guys.

in a couple of months im gonna go 20valve. done alot of reading on them and like the idea of a 20vavle suit my driving needs. anyway below is a price list of what i reckon its gonna cost me. if anybody can proof read it and see if my pricing is right. this is also one for the 20 valve guys. if you guys can help me out cause obviuosly you guys have gone done this path. cheers.

engine+loom- $1000-$2000 (black or sliver ???) - Can pick them up silver top as cheap as 500

water thingy (from ant) - roughy $500 or less - [b]build your own. cheaper, think ant sells his kit for 170. drop me a pm when you get to this step, i might be able to help you cut costs here.

exhuast/ manifold- $1500-$2000 - i wouldnt pay more then 1000 for an full exhaust and extractors, (2,25" for best performance)

ecu- $2000 - depends what ecu you go for, Razor back plus hand controller got for 600, but you can step up and microtech for similar price .. or adaptronic for just over 1k from memory

t50 box- $500 max - use the one in your sprinter

lsd 2 way- about $1250 (from ajps) - t series plus new kazza 2 way, budget about 1k .. ant does torago diffs, dunno what price though.

jdm diff disc to disc- $1500 - ? .. no need for this setup .. thats just an added extra if you wanted it

bits and bobs ( oils, hose, ) - $200 - this sounds about right

air box or trumpets- $500 tumpets - dont pay more then 250 for, brand new.. you dont have to run a air box you can just run socks. or just cut up your FWD 20v air box

if ive missed anything please tell me.

any opions are welcome.

cheers.

You should factor dyno time and tune in.

fuel lines plus fuel pumps as you need to change your fuel delivery

run coil packs unless you wanna hack your fire wall

might want to look at a new radiator too

thats all off the top of my head

good luck.

slide86
30th July 2006, 11:59 AM
thats an expensive exhaust manifold.
getting toda or something? lol
and depends what u want for u to decided black to silvertop.

blacktop rev's higher, makes more power but has a weaker bottom end.
but they arnt as weak as people make them out to be.
Beau Yates run a standard black top turbo'd etc for 6-8months i think until he killed it. engine wise completly stock with heaps of bolt ons. compression locked and thats when it finally died 6-8months later.

redsprinter
30th July 2006, 01:31 PM
hey thanks monk i was budgetting for about 10k and a bit if needed. umm i want the disc to disc i like that i idea. and i also need it. the conversion gonna be done in my already converted bigport motor sprinter. reason why im changing is cause i bought the car wih the conversion done but i thinkitsa bit dodgy. so im gonna do it (try to) do it the right way the first time.

oh hey monk i forgot about coil packs how much are those for? and radiator i was going to get mayb a hyundai radiator.

d1 spec thanks for input. just want to make me get the black just a little bit more now. lol.

exquisit
30th July 2006, 03:10 PM
lol d1spec.... not every1 is a tite ass n wants to buy 2nd hand $200 exh manifolds so y not jus leave him be?

red sprinter: i got coilpacks n leads to suit 20v... they are off my car so it will have no probs runnin in urs
pm me if u want more info or help wif ur conversion
=)

RB20DET_Silvia
30th July 2006, 03:47 PM
Wow there are a couple things on that list that must be 24crt gold plated or something....you need to search around a find some good people to supply you with parts.

And i dont usually agree with D1 Spec lol....but hes right also.

- Luke

Dish
30th July 2006, 04:21 PM
lol d1spec.... not every1 is a tite ass n wants to buy 2nd hand $200 exh manifolds so y not jus leave him be?

red sprinter: i got coilpacks n leads to suit 20v... they are off my car so it will have no probs runnin in urs
pm me if u want more info or help wif ur conversion
=)[/b]

You're an idiot. D1Spec was talking about the budget he listed for the exhaust. 2grand is alot for an exhaust.
A grand to 1200 is justifiable, but 2grand would wanna be fucking special.

So why not just leave D1Spec be?

slydar
30th July 2006, 05:03 PM
ill make it really simple.

$4850 drive in drive out at kaizen garage. supply and fit every part.

silver top 20v running adaptronic engine managment fully tuned and making over 110 RWHP.

new clutch, oil, belts and seals.

heater working.

no firewall mods.

Gilly
30th July 2006, 05:20 PM
^^^ what he said, save yourself the heartache, unless you really want to do it yourself.

redsprinter
30th July 2006, 05:38 PM
hey slyder wish there was some sort of deal like tat going around in sydney. cause i would agree with gilly but hey.

thinking about it if any body knows a works shop in sydney that can do it for around that price post it cause im interested. i guess i wouldnt mine doing it myself. good experince??? lol headache and everything. =)

Dish
30th July 2006, 06:27 PM
ill make it really simple.

$4850 drive in drive out at kaizen garage. supply and fit every part.

silver top 20v running adaptronic engine managment fully tuned and making over 110 RWHP.

new clutch, oil, belts and seals.

heater working.

no firewall mods.[/b]

Hearing that kinda makes me think about going 20v.

Sounds pretty sweet.

Monk
30th July 2006, 09:19 PM
hey thanks monk i was budgetting for about 10k and a bit if needed. umm i want the disc to disc i like that i idea. and i also need it. the conversion gonna be done in my already converted bigport motor sprinter. reason why im changing is cause i bought the car wih the conversion done but i thinkitsa bit dodgy. so im gonna do it (try to) do it the right way the first time.

oh hey monk i forgot about coil packs how much are those for? and radiator i was going to get mayb a hyundai radiator.

d1 spec thanks for input. just want to make me get the black just a little bit more now. lol.[/b]

i think vp commodore radiators are a decent choice. you should be able to get them real cheap
i personally have not looked into hyundai radiators, so i cant comment on that

as for coil packs check out bosch ones.. i think there around 200 from memory.. and i got a bad memory

dailing all that, you can get a work shoul like kiazen garage to drop one in for around 4k depending on what you want

but i prefer to do things the hard way. built not baught imho
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif

exquisit
31st July 2006, 01:33 AM
lol dish
2grand for a exh expensive?
if it picks up more power everywhere coz its a better design than a $1000 is it worth it??

leave d1spec be? if redsprinter has a proper budget to get the best y not buy the best?
=)

.wolfwood
31st July 2006, 06:18 AM
maybe is is saying 2grand cuz he isnt sure of what they cost, and yeah i know its way ova what it would cost but better to over estamate then underestamate and run outa money if you know what i mean.

and yes i cant spell for shit.

Dish
31st July 2006, 12:19 PM
Think about it. For 2grand you can buy a sweet exhaust TRD extractors, full 21/4". And then you could buysomecamsor trumpetsand makemorepower than 2grand worth of exhaust.

b1gb3n
31st July 2006, 01:24 PM
hey slyder wish there was some sort of deal like tat going around in sydney. cause i would agree with gilly but hey.

thinking about it if any body knows a works shop in sydney that can do it for around that price post it cause im interested. i guess i wouldnt mine doing it myself. good experince??? lol headache and everything. =)[/b]
try bell garage. i got my car off them

redsprinter
31st July 2006, 01:57 PM
bell garge. now that rings a bell lol.

where are these guys located.

wolfwood, thanks dude for understnading. and for everyone else i was been realistic about the pricing 2000 was max i was going to spend. the only reason i put 2k for exhuast is cause of what wolfwood said.

quote: maybe is is saying 2grand cuz he isnt sure of what they cost, and yeah i know its way ova what it would cost but better to over estamate then underestamate and run outa money if you know what i mean.

Bensonius
31st July 2006, 02:00 PM
I am with dimitri on this one..KAIZEN nice price, nice people, fast cars:)

redsprinter
31st July 2006, 02:03 PM
hey guys i dont mind the bagging out of my pricing of each items but lets just all help each other a build a 2k exhuast bridge and get over it. lets move on to other item on my list that needs bagging out on so everyother backyard mechanic whose doing the same sort of thing will also benifit from this post.

kool.????

.wolfwood
31st July 2006, 02:52 PM
i know its more expensive for a turbo zorst cuz you got dump pipe and shit but i got quoted for $1800 full sorst turbo back that splits into 2 pipes half way through...

Dxaqta
31st July 2006, 03:29 PM
Very valid point

Think about it. For 2grand you can buy a sweet exhaust TRD extractors, full 21/4". And then you could buysomecamsor trumpetsand makemorepower than 2grand worth of exhaust.[/b]

but what if u want more power after that???? you go out and buy bigger cams... then u will find your exhaust and extractors start restricting your power output

Do it once right.... if u buy the best up front u wont need to upgrade it..... it may take longer to achieve what u want... but in the long run it will be cheaper

redsprinter
31st July 2006, 03:39 PM
where is KAIZEN GARAGE located at? sydney based?

Gilly
31st July 2006, 03:49 PM
yeah what he said ^^^^ brisbane southside

Dxaqta
31st July 2006, 03:49 PM
queensland

redsprinter
31st July 2006, 03:56 PM
darn it.

thanks

Monk
31st July 2006, 06:53 PM
just come up for the weekend if you cant find anyone to do it for that price down there.

redsprinter
31st July 2006, 07:59 PM
guess i could aye got family up there. hmmmmm.........

Gilly
31st July 2006, 08:14 PM
do some research and find out locally how much it would cost you to get the conversion done. if it's bull shit expensive it may prove more cost effective to come up and drop the car off and get it done by theKaizen boy's. i don't know if they would be keen to do it in a weekend though!!!

redsprinter
31st July 2006, 08:33 PM
hence the hmmmmm........ i gonna ring up a couple of place i think might do it and one of the guys here offered to help me out if need be so thats pretty sweet. and alot of guys here do mind giving advice or just helping online.

Monk
31st July 2006, 09:42 PM
cant do a 20v conversion in a weekend? http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif
how much you wanna bet http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

slide86
31st July 2006, 09:48 PM
Very valid point

<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=249309)

Think about it. For 2grand you can buy a sweet exhaust TRD extractors, full 21/4". And then you could buysomecamsor trumpetsand makemorepower than 2grand worth of exhaust.[/b]

but what if u want more power after that???? you go out and buy bigger cams... then u will find your exhaust and extractors start restricting your power output

Do it once right.... if u buy the best up front u wont need to upgrade it..... it may take longer to achieve what u want... but in the long run it will be cheaper
[/b]
yeah but if u buy a decent set of extractors to suit ur engine
eg cam's etc.
or if its stock internal and u have full tuned lenght extractors etc, u would probobly lose power or make harldy any gain.

but i can understand why redsprinter said that because he didnt know how much some would cost.

Gilly
31st July 2006, 10:01 PM
cant do a 20v conversion in a weekend? http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/biggrin.gif
how much you wanna bet http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif[/b]

i don't doubt Dimitri and Ant's abilities at all, i'm just saying would you want to work your weekend doing a conversion for a customer. 2 days would be tight anywayz