PDA

View Full Version : Turbochargin a 100kw 4age

Orange hachi
20th August 2006, 07:47 PM
hey guys i have got a turbo setup i wanna put in my 86
its a 4age 100kw
do u think it would work ok with a turbo setup??
i would only run 7 psi or so
i just want it to last about a yr
while i save up for a 4agze
i have all other system setup for a turbo
like 440cc injectors, bigger pump, microtech mtx8

reg450
20th August 2006, 08:19 PM
yeah run a mapassi fuel reg if u can get gze injectors, some sort of cooler and yeah leave it at 7psi should be fine

Orange hachi
20th August 2006, 08:25 PM
oh so i need a fuel reg also?
btw whats the biggest intercooler that can fit in front of an ae86
i have some big onefrom my brother. i dunno if it will fit

HYPNTK
20th August 2006, 08:27 PM
also can i just undo the oil pressure sensor and add a t piece and run a hose from that to the turbo as a oil feed??
is it big enough oil supply for the turbo?

reg450
20th August 2006, 08:30 PM
umm i no there alot on cooler sizes on the forum search if u like of memory i think u can fit a 600 by 300 by 30 upside down and fuel reg u must because if u hit the motor with boost with standard fuel it will lean out no good dcan corse detonation and yes on the oil swich t peice this will work 100%

Hen is a total nutcase
21st August 2006, 11:35 AM
You don't need a rising rate fuel pressure reg if you are running aftermarket ECU (which you are). Stock will be fine.

If done properly, the setup you mention will be good. Just get a good tune.

Hen

PS, also the only difference between what you have now and the ZE from the same year are the pistons. It may be cheaper to just buy a new set of ZE pistons and rings and drop these into your current engine, rather than finding a full ZE as a basis.

willy86
21st August 2006, 07:48 PM
i've thought about doin something similar this but even more budget. was planning to bolt an sc12 onto my bigport, nice big front mount or mabe liquid to air barrel if im feelin flash keep the boost to 5psi, aftermarked management and bigger injectors and hey presto.
have done alot of searching but have found bugger all info on the subject

Hen is a total nutcase
22nd August 2006, 10:35 AM
Willy, with an aftermarket ECU and a good intercooler you'll be able to run far more boost than that.

Bigport CR is 9.6 from memory. Smallport ZE is 8.9. Not much difference, so there's no reason you can't a fair whack of boost if it's tuned correctly. Mounting the SC will be a bit of work though if you want to keep the normal NA manifold. Also consider throttle location.

Hen

Orange hachi
22nd August 2006, 08:25 PM
kewl man.
i will try to fit everything next weekend
i will post up some pic after i finish

mattysshop
23rd August 2006, 01:45 PM
PWR barrel cooler = puss...

you don't need anything bigger than 500x250x75mm... 2 or 2.5" piping max... haveing a big intercooler will actually work against you.. especially cos it's only running 7psi..

Orange hachi
24th August 2006, 08:38 PM
PWR barrel cooler = puss...

you don't need anything bigger than 500x250x75mm... 2 or 2.5" piping max... haveing a big intercooler will actually work against you.. especially cos it's only running 7psi..[/b]

oh so its better to use a smaller intercooler
yeah i found this nice lookin arc intercooler seems like a good size.
hope its not too expensive

reg450
24th August 2006, 09:01 PM
massive cooler + low boost = shit load of turbo lag take to long to fill the cooler with boost.

Orange hachi
24th August 2006, 09:06 PM
ok i get it

4agtezza
25th August 2006, 06:23 PM
ill swap ya call me!

mattysshop
25th August 2006, 06:27 PM
an EVO size one would be mint.. the size i used.. was 450x240x75, tube and fin used 2" piping, and well 145rwhp stock.. and 13.9 out of the box from a un modified GZE (front mount only, and exhaust was carried over from 4AGE previous) speaks for itself... http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

willy86
25th August 2006, 07:36 PM
PWR barrel cooler = puss...[/b]

thats y u choose the right barrel for your application, if u do it right much shorter pipework so less lag acutally. main reason is they give much more consistant temp's with airflow not being an issue, ie how much air is goin through ur frontmount wen ur sideways.