PDA

View Full Version : GT Models

Wur86
21st August 2006, 02:31 PM
Hi guys.

I am in the market for another 86 after some old person of questionable driving skills pulled out on me through a roundabout and totalled my immaculate baby... I have found a couple of import coupes and was wondering if someone can please tell me the difference between the normal and GT models???

Thanks for your time!

RobertoX
21st August 2006, 03:02 PM
damn old people....

because they would be the first to call you a hoon if you hit them

gt apex or gt-v?

but as for the 'gt' models, i assume you mean gt apex, in which case, most of the 'good' gear was optional, such as power steer, power windows, mirrors etc, maybe a nicer stereo, but all that stuff goes in the bin anyway for 90% of the owners!

Wur86
21st August 2006, 04:54 PM
Ahh i see just the "luxuries" things... I wont be wanting any of those i guess. Thanks for your help as long as there isnt any differences in important stuff i may as well just choose the best looking one http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

Thanks again for your help!

Wur86
21st August 2006, 04:56 PM
Oh and also it doesnt say whether GT-APEX or GT-V.....

ae86trueno
21st August 2006, 10:41 PM
In japan normal models were AE85's SR,SE and GL-XL and had a 3A engine with drum rears.
The Base AE86 models are the GTV for the hatch and the GT for the Coupe, like my one.
The GT-Apex Is the next level up for both coupes and hatches, which had better trim, and electric everything
but the mechanical package is the same as the GTV and GT.

I hope this clears everything up for everyone.

Ben.