PDA

View Full Version : handbrake tseries

reg450
29th August 2006, 10:56 PM
got the t series in and my handbrake cables seem to be longer then normal weres the ajustment on it. the one on the hand brake its self it limited out and there still to long help please searched no luck

rthy
30th August 2006, 01:16 AM
is it like a drum brake t18 diff n axel? otherwise u can use ur sprinter handbrake cables

Hen is a total nutcase
30th August 2006, 09:59 AM
Use sprinter cables.

Or easier, add a 10mm spacer under the adjuster nut on your hand brake lever. Adjustment will be ok then,

Hen

parrot
30th August 2006, 02:46 PM
If you are using a disc rear T series, supposedly the T18 front cable (the one that attaches to the hand brake lever inside the car) is meant to fit. Well I have tried it on mine and it is too short. Got one off a ST162 on the weekend which I am going to try. You use the inner cable and poke it through the plastic dirt excluder thing on the bottom of the lever. But yes you can put a larger nut over the end of the cable inside the car to space it up.

Gilly
30th August 2006, 06:20 PM
use your sprinter cables, i had this drama putting a t series in a KE70 i spaced the front half cable and ended up snapping a few front cables. if you have the sprinter cables i recommend you use them, in saying that the front half cable is a common item used by a fair few toyota's

reg450
30th August 2006, 09:14 PM
thanks guys for now ive done the spacer in the car part when i get time ill swap the cables over thankssss

parrot
8th November 2006, 01:07 PM
I kept fishing around under various cars at pick a part and have sorted this out. If you have an ADM AE86 and have fitted a JDM T series rear end and have the two factory rear handbrake cables, then get the front cable from a SV11 Camry (the first model) and it is a perfect length, no need for sticking spacers under the nuts.

redsprinter
9th November 2006, 04:05 PM
hey jst question. ive loooked at the drums and had a go at taking out the hand brake cable off the drum but no luck, ive sort of figured out what needs to be done but can anyone help me out on this. are there any speaical tools that u need?

riceburner
10th November 2006, 09:42 PM
I got no idea on disc brake diffs but t18 diff with drums, is a shit load easier to use adm AE86 front and rear sections.

It was well spoken ages ago that t-series will work fine and from memory people swear by the fact that you couldnt use the s-series at all.

I dont think its hard to get the hand brakes off but its one of those things that you need to have the "knack" if you get my drift.

Easiest thing is get your t-series brakes and your s-series brakes head of to your local mechanic/brake specialst and ask for em to do it. Surely it would cost much. And watch em do it, so you know the trick to it.