PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Hoses

driftism
5th September 2006, 01:19 PM
Went to repco to get myself some new radiator hoses, and was suprised to find that the AE86 had a listing.

Somehow the company that repco gets there hoses from managed to find a FWD AE86 so the hoses were all wrong... http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/angry.gif

so now i am wondering what people have used when they got new hoses.

driftism
5th September 2006, 01:20 PM
OH... for a JDM Bigport motor btw.

mattysshop
5th September 2006, 01:23 PM
same top hose an AE86.. the 4AC one.. cut it down a little.. you'll see what i mean..

and the bottom hose i just got a length with the spiral spring inside.. and more recently joined 2 together with a peice of pipe from the back of the water pump on a FWD setup..

but the AE86 4AC bottom hose is pretty much the same to the AE86 4AGE hose.. the top one is slightly different.. but in 3 seconds you can make it fit.. the bottom one is slightly longer to go round the alternator..

driftism
5th September 2006, 01:42 PM
That's what i thought... but the listing that they have for a 4ac sprinter is actually a fwd AE82 listing (they have the same part number) so the hoses are way to long, and the shape is also way off.

PuGZoR
5th September 2006, 02:15 PM
I'd just get the sizes of your needed hose diameter, and measure the distances u need to cover, then go to somewhere like supercheap that have a whole heap of generically shaped piping... and go from there. That's if you can't find a text-book solution. It's pretty easy to do it that way I imagine. Might be easier in theory than practice though, so heed caution.

Gilly
5th September 2006, 03:05 PM
i'll be using the universal ones matty's talking about, mostly due to the fact i will be running a CA radiator, they look neat enough, supeerchep stocks them for like $15 ea from memory.

Granto
5th September 2006, 03:12 PM
heh the only problem with finding a generic one, is, usually they're tucked away under a desk inboxes or in a back room, they'll often look at you like an idiot when you say "I'm not quite sure which part im after, but i'll know it when I see it!"

PuGZoR
5th September 2006, 06:12 PM
Heh, not at the supercheap here granto. They're actually the opposite. They're on open shelves in one of the far back corners of the shop, so no one can see you look like an idiot when you're measuring them up with the piece of string that was closest to hand when you were under the car trying to figure out how much piping you needed.

Granto
5th September 2006, 06:35 PM
oh that's awesome..

maybe i should go into a supercheapone day instead of bursons..

hmm..

but they're so scummy inside http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sad.gif

mattysshop
5th September 2006, 11:24 PM
on the contrary i hate repco and the like.. for little things like filters/oil/wiper blades/rad hoses etc.. cos they keep everything behind the counter! i like supercheap because you can just walk along the shelfs with a few mesurments for say.. a pair of rear AE86 shocks.. that you need 80mm shorter stroke.. you just open box after box till you find what you need.. if you know what you need.. the book is right there to cross reference the part number.. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif simple..

Julz01
5th September 2006, 11:41 PM
yea thats supercheap for you, bloody place does have any ae86 hoses anymore, cant even order them, I should know I work there and cant even get my self stuff

pumpkinking
5th September 2006, 11:43 PM
a little burdy has told me that the two (repco and super cheap) are both going bust so they are merging into one.. to become some sort of super dooper auto shop for the ill minded.. horrayy dam i love them.. no really..

mmm vodka

Julz01
6th September 2006, 07:01 PM
Honestly I think It would be Repco going bust not super cheap, and to corner the market supercheap would buhy the repco stores, Thats what they did with marlows

PuGZoR
7th September 2006, 07:21 AM
I'm not so sure about that... Repco get a lot of big government supply deals. I had a mate who used to work at one, and they used to buy so much stuff it wasn't funny, especially the police for their fleet.