PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pedal adjustment

skein
7th September 2006, 01:50 PM
I want to adjust my clutch so the point of engagement is not at the very top of the pedal.

I know there is an adjustment nut on the rod behind the clutch pedal which connects to the master cylinder, and also on the top at the front of the pedal there's another adjustment screw. Which one do I use, or do I adjust both? How do I set the point of engagement lower but keep the pedal at the same height?

DRFT - 86
7th September 2006, 02:08 PM
All I can say is the adjuster behind the pedal is a bitch to do.....

Bustin_86
7th September 2006, 02:38 PM
handy tip for doing the one behind the pedal, remove the seat and angle the steering wheel all the way up. I did it without having to remove any dahs or anything, so just stick with it lol. Only get tiny turns in though....

mc68
7th September 2006, 05:55 PM
gah, softies...dont remove the seat its pointless busy work.

now get on ur back on the foot well with a light and undo the nut ( i think its a 12mm)

you obviously dont have much freeplay, so turn the pushrod anti clock wise ( if u have trouble turning that, use ur other hand to push down the pedal back and forth ever so slightly whilst turning the rod)

roadsailing
7th September 2006, 06:46 PM
i agree, no need to pull the seat out, get under there and have a good look with a torch, then sit in the seat and do it by feel, once you get a good mental picture of where everything is it should be a piece of piss

gah, softies...dont remove the seat its pointless busy work.

now get on ur back on the foot well with a light and undo the nut ( i think its a 12mm)

you obviously dont have much freeplay, so turn the pushrod anti clock wise ( if u have trouble turning that, use ur other hand to push down the pedal back and forth ever so slightly whilst turning the rod)[/b]

skein
7th September 2006, 08:31 PM
Thanks guys, I got in there upside down, unclipped the rod from the pedal and cranked on some more thread. Did the trick. Now I just need some more time to pull off the lower dash shroud and adjust the pedal height. http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/dry.gif

DRFT - 86
8th September 2006, 11:06 AM
The pedal height was the one I was refering to as been a bitch......