PDA

View Full Version : wat shocks to use??

dyso
8th September 2006, 12:18 AM
hey,

im looking to set up my rear suspension.. ive already got some springs off a friend but now looking for shocks..
i heard i can either use suzuki sierra or ford shocks..is this true?? can any body help me out?
also how much do they usually cost brand new or second hand?

thanks heaps mitch

Bustin_86
8th September 2006, 12:52 PM
I hate to be a kent about this man, but search please. I have personally replied in like 3 of these threads and i know that people a lot better than me at this kinda stuff have probably replied in a dozen threads lol. Look around a bit before you chuck up a post like this okay!

cheers, good luck with finding what your after!

Justin

Gilly
8th September 2006, 01:09 PM
falcon rear springs cut to 200mm free height, use with suzuki sierra front shocks but in the rear of your car. springs need to be very low to use sierra shocks if the are too high the shocks are held at full extension.

Granto
8th September 2006, 09:46 PM
if you want a mid-length shock, you could try a gen 1 rx7 shock.

I think they feel great http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/smile.gif

There's some minor modification required to bottom suspension bushing, which is a really fun fun fun experience!

Grant.

Bensonius
8th September 2006, 11:42 PM
kyb

upgarage
8th September 2006, 11:43 PM
trd/tokico's all round

roadsailing
9th September 2006, 01:27 AM
HQ holden ute shocks on the rear

dyso
9th September 2006, 06:36 PM
thanks heaps everyone... ill have a look around and do a bit more research into it. but all the info helped.

dyso
10th September 2006, 10:03 PM
i got my hands on some ford springs and now just looking around for some suzuki siera shocks..
anybody no what the normal price is for these just to make sure im not getting ripped off wen i find some..haha.
also do u recon i should just go to a suzuki dealership and buy them or somewhere else??

cheers if u can help..