PDA

View Full Version : What can kill spark and fuel pump??

v-tec
11th September 2006, 11:56 AM
hey, the other night we had my car running perfect, yea didnt seem like anything could fuk up now.
however, trying to manovour the car into the garage i stalled the car (clutch was biteier than normally cause the car usually had a 2000rpm idoll.... no excuse i know http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/laugh.gif )

tryed to start it after the said stalling and just cranks, no pops or sounds or anything. its then noticable that we cannot hear the fuel pump running (cause it wasnt).

Checking the car out i also found that it now doesnt have spark (put the coil lead to the strut top it sparks once when you crank it and then doesnt do it any more is you keep cranking)

Now checking through all things i cant see why this is happening. the positive wire seems to have a fine connection to the pump, as does the negative. The ecu works fine, even used another working one as a test). All the fuses seem to be in perfect working order (including one that i was tipped about thats inside a little black cylinder case inside the loom)

Has anyone ever had any problems like this??? all i can think of is that something got knocked out of place or disconnected... or maybe even blown when i stalled it.

if anyone has any idea please let us know

thanks

Grant

slide86
11th September 2006, 12:57 PM
checked AFM? (if it has one) these have a switch to turn fuel pump off. maybe thats become disconnected?

mrmatt
11th September 2006, 10:16 PM
do u get any lights on dash with ignition on? check power to pump. sounds like somthing has come loose. just check connectors etc.

v-tec
13th September 2006, 02:39 PM
nah doesnt have a AFM
Also, normal lights do come on when ignition is on.

Connection to the pump is also fine http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/sad.gif

im really not sure

biggo
13th September 2006, 03:22 PM
ecu diagonistics?

chapl
13th September 2006, 03:33 PM
check your circuit plug thingo under your dash near your computer....
little black plug thing bout the size of a D battery...
mine burnt out and caused no spark and fuel pump...