PDA

View Full Version : Camera Mounts Behind the Seats

DRFT - 86
14th September 2006, 01:55 PM
Just interested to hear from and see how people with camera mounts in their car did theirs.........
Keen on making one for my own....

Behind and in between the seats... http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

Got a few ideas, would like to get some more input on the subject though...

Cheers....

Niz..

chapl
14th September 2006, 01:59 PM
i duc taped my tripod to the floor behind my front seats..... worked a treat.....

DRFT - 86
14th September 2006, 02:05 PM
ahah...... if it works it works........ Im looking for something a lil more solid though... lol

KAWAII_hachi_roku
14th September 2006, 10:09 PM
i have hear of a plate that goes between seat headrests, try to research it....... i saw it in autosalon lol

GAKI86
14th September 2006, 11:39 PM
the good thing about keeping the stock adm sprinters are that the head rests are removable...
`coz all you need to is get a peice of wood drill 2 holes similar pattern to that 2 prongs of the head rest...
`once uve made those holes fit it into the prongs.. place the headrest back to the seat and lower it to a degree that the wood is held tightly..... have a bit of wood hangin out towards the driver but not too close enuff to hit her/his face...

last step... use ur imagination how to mount your camera onto that protuding piece of wood stuck on the passenger seat.. its either taping it or use mini $2 vices...

DRFT - 86
15th September 2006, 12:13 AM
I like the way you think man............ awesome idea...

jezz
15th September 2006, 06:44 PM
I was goin the same way but im goin to use a bit of metal plate insted.

NA Rolla
15th September 2006, 07:13 PM
Jatcar sell brackets to mount tft screen to the head rest but you can use this to mount your camera works a treat.

rthy
15th September 2006, 08:38 PM
that sounds increadibly rough and shonky... I love it!

roadsailing
15th September 2006, 08:57 PM
i'm a fan of rathet strapping my tripod to the rear seats, when the car has no rear seats i ratchet strap it to the passenger seat. tripd gives very good adjustment of where you want to mount the camera, make sure you mount it so it looks straight out the front of the car, looks funny otherwise.

GAKI86
17th September 2006, 10:51 PM
u can use a human if you like, butll be very shonky...

to make like filming styles??? outside car shots..

u can always mount your camera with a narrow piece of metal sheet.. look for bolting sections!!! like where your front panels are held... under your arches.. as long as you dont scrape yout paint job.. use multiple layers of thin cloth or so... then after that it would be swoit!!!!

heck u can even use your towbar mounts at the rear...

IanJ
18th September 2006, 01:22 PM
u can use a human if you like, butll be very shonky...

to make like filming styles??? outside car shots..

u can always mount your camera with a narrow piece of metal sheet.. look for bolting sections!!! like where your front panels are held... under your arches.. as long as you dont scrape yout paint job.. use multiple layers of thin cloth or so... then after that it would be swoit!!!!

heck u can even use your towbar mounts at the rear...[/b]

I have one of these kits
http://www.b-hague.co.uk/camera_suction_pa...cuum_mounts.htm (http://www.b-hague.co.uk/camera_suction_pads_vacuum_mounts.htm)

You can even mount the camera on the outside of the car for full getaway in stockholm camera action http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

DavisJD
18th September 2006, 08:00 PM
what r the suction cups like? id be a lil worried having a suction cup holding a camera to the outside of my car.

DRFT - 86
18th September 2006, 08:13 PM
Yeh thats what concerns me a little....... I dont think I could put my faith in a suction cup if I had it mounted outside the car.......... nice product though....

chasingpandas
18th September 2006, 08:56 PM
well the suction cup looks like it has something to pressurise it by looking a the photos. could be safe. and easy

DRFT - 86
18th September 2006, 08:59 PM
yeh no doubt it is..... looks like a quality product..

IanJ
18th September 2006, 11:34 PM
yeh no doubt it is..... looks like a quality product..[/b]

Yip defiantely a quality product. It's used by some TV production companies so it can stand some punishment.

I haven't tested mine to the limit but have had it on track (although i avoided rumble strips). A couple of folks i know have used them round the nurburgring (before the camera ban) which is a pretty bumpy ride. For most use i mount it somewhere inside the car where (touch wood) it's never fallen off and sometimes it's even very difficult to get off. I had to drive round for a week with it on the passenger window of my WRX once.

The kit i have has the clamp too which you could mount on a headrest or rollcage. I have known someone to remove their front grill and clamp the camera in there!! http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/crazy.gif

Hopefully i'll have my car sorted soon and i'll bring it and the camera along to a track day/cruise soon.

Ian

LordNafe
18th September 2006, 11:52 PM
We use the suction cap thing on rough street roads... Works a treat!! Best invention ever!